Known is a modern marketing company engineered for the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. Known pairs PhD data scientists with award-winning creatives, expert research teams and strategists. Known is anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science capabilities, which uniquely empower our marketing strategy and acclaimed creative groups, who produce some of the most innovative, cutting-edge creative work in culture. The result? Marketing that is predisposed to succeed and be persistently optimized, directly impacting clients' bottom lines. Our clients span the leading brands in finance, technology, media, CPG, real estate and many other categories. Known has nearly 400 employees in 6 US cities including Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Boston and New York. Our teams have won multiple Emmys, Clios, Effies, Cannes Lions Awards and ProMax Agency of the Year three times.
About the role:
The Brand Strategy Analyst is an entry level role that will be responsible for supporting teams as they intake and uncover critical client, customer and cultural information and data in order to identify meaningful human truths and insights to ground our work.
The right candidate must be interested and motivated to learn and master core brand, marketing creative strategy skills.
As a Brand Strategy Analyst you must be able to help in the management of projects, helping to ensure superior quality, timely delivery and engaging presentation of strategy deliverables.
This position may be located in New York or Los Angeles.
You are excited to and capable of:
- Collecting data, cultural intelligence, audience insight, and industry knowledge to tell a clear and inspirational story
- Helping to package insights into a very simple, clear, and digestible download for account and creative teams
- Supporting the development of a clear, convincing train of thought that leads to a powerful strategic idea
- Brainstorming big ideas internally and with clients
- Learning to develop and supporting products & deliverables such as:
- Brand strategy:
- Positioning and brand north star
- Brand and product architecture
- Engagement strategy:
- Creative briefs
- Brand equities and messaging
- Performance marketing:
- Learning Agendas
- Campaign optimization
- Supporting the growth of client relationships, ensuring they remain connected to our process, progress and deliverables
- Contributing to business development by helping to prepare for those meetings with the collection and organization of case studies and relevant work examples
- Working well with other functions within the company including researchers, data scientists, media buyers/planners, creatives and others
- 1-2 years of experience. Internships count!
- A passion for understanding our partners’ needs and becoming their trusted advisor.
- Deep empathy for consumers, our partners and our teammates.
- A desire to change the way things have been done in marketing and brand strategy.
- Excitement to partner with data scientists, insights and creatives across our offices.
- Highly motivated with a history of high integrity.
- Strong interpersonal and written skills.