Known is a modern marketing company engineered for the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. Known pairs PhD data scientists with award-winning creatives, expert research teams and strategists. Known is anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science capabilities, which uniquely empower our marketing strategy and acclaimed creative groups, who produce some of the most innovative, cutting-edge creative work in culture. The result? Marketing that is predisposed to succeed and be persistently optimized, directly impacting clients' bottom lines. Our clients span the leading brands in finance, technology, media, CPG, real estate and many other categories. Known has nearly 400 employees in 6 US cities including Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Boston and New York. Our teams have won multiple Emmys, Clios, Effies, Cannes Lions Awards and ProMax Agency of the Year three times.
About the role:
The Brand Strategy Director is a senior role capable of creating client-ready deliverables with minimal review from leadership and skilled at directly managing client relationships and projects.
As a Director, work will be completed both independently and with the support of junior strategy team members.
You will report to the VP, Head of Brand Marketing. This position may be located in either our New York or Los Angeles offices.
You are excited to and capable of:
- Adopting and infusing the company vision and mission into the day to day activities.
- Delivering inspired work, informed by the perceived white space in the market, cultural intelligence and new / existing data and research – among other inputs.
- Clarifying and educating on the roles / relationships between brand and performance marketing.
- Reviewing, pressure testing and elevating the work of more junior strategy team members in order to prepare their work for clients. Doing so while helping to mentor and grow our team.
- Evolving and continually improving current products & deliverables such as:
- Brand strategy:
- Positioning and brand north star
- Brand and product architecture
- Engagement strategy:
- Creative briefs
- Brand equities and messaging
- Performance marketing:
- Learning Agendas
- Campaign optimization
- Owning the relationship with clients, ensuring they remain connected to our process, progress and deliverables.
- Joining business development presentations with new clients and helping us to prepare for those meetings.
- Meeting with senior clients, deciphering their needs, and then scoping and costing new work (including describing that work in SOWs).
- Working well with other functions within the company including researchers, data scientists, media buyers/planners, creatives and others.
- A passion for understanding our partner’s needs and becoming their trusted advisor.
- Deep empathy for consumers, our partners and our teammates.
- A desire to change the way things have been done in marketing and brand strategy.
- Excitement to partner with data scientists, market researchers and creatives across our offices.
- Highly motivated and self-motivated with a history of high integrity.
- Strong interpersonal and written skills.
- At least 8 years’ experience in a marketing role, including at least 3 years at an advertising or marketing agency.