Known (www.known.is) is a modern marketing company engineered to meet the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. We are setting a new standard by data scientists with award-winning creatives, expert research teams and strategists to deliver clients the most advanced, end-to-end solutions they need, in the most efficient, effective, and transparent ways. Anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science, we provide brands with consumer intelligence, strategy, media planning and buying, and renowned creative in all media, producing some of the most innovative, cutting-edge work in culture today. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Austin, Seattle, and San Francisco, we are 300 people, a community of extraordinary talent, working as one team to help our clients succeed.
Known’s Media Science team uses advanced analytics, machine learning, statistics, and algorithms to plan and optimize advertising dollars. We partner with our clients to translate their business goals into meaningful metrics, and buy media across all channels to drive those target outcomes. We are looking for someone to join the team and work alongside data analysts, data scientists, media strategists, media buyers, and software engineers.
As our SEO Manager, you will ensure that our SEO strategy and approach is hyper scientific and at the cutting edge of what is possible in the industry. You will work with our client-facing teams to support their media and experimentation plans, with our SEM team to guarantee a seamless SEO and SEM strategy, and with our development / content strategy teams to provide insight into UX and digital best practices. Over time, you will help build out our SEO team internally, hiring and training junior team members in best practices for SEO across a number of different clients.
- Design and author overall team strategy and approach to SEO across multiple clients
- Regularly perform site audits to identify opportunities to grow the organic search channel
- Provide tactical training to cross-departmental teams to ensure awareness of SEO strategies, best practices, and performance
- Ensure best practice in all SEO activities as well as knowledge sharing across teams.
- Manages and develops direct reports and is responsible for SEO team development.
- Communicating with stakeholders, both internal and external, the value of SEO as related to media strategy
- Stay up to date with the latest SEO and digital marketing latest trends and best practices
- Drive the adoption of new tools and approaches you build across the team
- Assess and onboard vendors in the industry
- Create best practices decks for the organization and for our clients
- Be a point of escalation, identifying and resolving problems in a client-centric environment and coordinating efforts across the team.
- Understanding the client’s overall business objectives and translating them into an SEO strategy
- Coordinate SEO strategy with SEM strategies and with other media channels
- Work closely with other senior leads to develop solutions that work for everyone
- Collaborate with our Strategy and Studios teams to ensure our media planning process is fully integrated through all verticals of Known
Who You Are and What You Have
- A degree from a well-regarded college or university. STEM degrees are preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in technical and content SEO, preferably at an agency, consulting firm, or large in-house media activation team
- 2+ years of leadership experience in managing projects and driving them forward
- Hands-on-keyboard experience implementing SEO solutions
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Understanding of the basic stats and math that inform smart media strategies
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Comfort with both the technical and content aspects of SEO
- Direct, hands-on experience implementing SEO solutions
- Experience multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment is a plus
- Experience working directly with data scientists is a plus
- An ability to translate business challenges into quantitative problems, and solve them by whatever means necessary, delivering high quality output to meet the client’s expectations.
- An ability to delegate tasks to small and junior teams
- Highly collaborative nature
- A commitment to managing the quality & accuracy of analytics, ensuring high standards with your and others’ work
Known is a marketing company like no other. In addition to competitive salaries, we are very generous to our employees. Here are just some examples of what we offer:
- Unlimited paid time off
- Equity plan with profit sharing
- Annual bonuses
- Vacation and anniversary cash bonuses
- Generous medical plan
- Paid parental leave
- Company-paid cell phone service
- In-house barista plus cold brew on tap!
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly company lunches