Known is a modern marketing company engineered for the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. Known pairs PhD data scientists with award-winning creatives, expert research teams and strategists. Known is anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science capabilities, which uniquely empower our marketing strategy and acclaimed creative groups, who produce some of the most innovative, cutting-edge creative work in culture. The result? Marketing that is predisposed to succeed and be persistently optimized, directly impacting clients' bottom lines. Our clients span the leading brands in finance, technology, media, CPG, real estate and many other categories. Known is growing and currently has over 300 employees in 6 US cities including Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Boston and New York. Our teams have won multiple Emmys, Clios, Effies, Cannes Lions Awards and ProMax Agency of the Year three times.
Director, Finance (Science & Strategy) is a business partner to operations and a key leadership position on the finance team. This is an opportunity to create the workflow rhythms, processes, reporting and analysis that is needed to support these businesses during a period of strong growth across both practices. The position reports directly to the SVP, Finance and works closely with the CFO, FP&A, Controllership team and business operations teams.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for all aspects of financial planning, reporting, and analysis for the Strategy and Science businesses.
- Lead preparation of budget, estimates, long-range plans, and monthly pacing routines and create and cultivate the financial discipline to ensure delivery against budgets.
- Work closely with the Controllership team on the preparation of all monthly financial statements and quarterly reporting and ensure complete and accurate reporting.
- Work with the business to help support forecasting supply and demand; providing insightful analysis and thought leadership needed to increase productivity.
- Partner with the business and Controllership team on all aspects of the sales cycle from contract to execution, including, review of terms, revenue recognition, pipeline management, and sales forecasting.
- Build intelligence and establish KPI’s and dashboard reporting to asses and assist with the allocation of capital and resources to drive margins and ROI.
- Support capital planning efforts: model investment/return analyses, prepare capital approval documentation, and ensure successful capital approval
- Identify and highlight business risks and opportunities and clearly communicate to senior management and leadership teams.
- Partner closely with all members of Finance team to meet deadlines for deliverables and evolve best-in-class practices.
- Perform financial analysis to support overall strategic growth initiatives.
- Utilize Netsuite to automate workflow processes and reporting.
Who You Are
- Excellent technical and analytical skills; knowledge of US GAAP
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of finance, operations and senior management
- Continuous improvement attitude, ability to seek out and implement best practices
- Strong time-management skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle Netsuite, SAP or other financial systems
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field; MBA or CPA a plus
- Solid business & media perspective with interest or experience in consulting, media/entertainment and/or advertising/marketing industry preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in financial modeling, planning and reporting