At Known we believe that when creative truly collaborates with science and strategy, amazing things can happen. And we’re seeing this work every day. We’re looking for a Sr. Designer who shares this vision to join our team.
As a member of the Brand Studio team at Known, the Sr. Designer will support the Design Director with brand design executions across digital, print, OOH and organic social assets. The Sr. Designer will also concept and execute designs for presentations, templates and PR/talent/internal assets. This position requires a passionate and talented pixel-perfect graphic designer who will ideate and execute needs across a wide variety of creative, with a specific emphasis on brand, type, layout, composition, color and motion design.
As the ideal candidate, you understand business strategies and objectives and can translate them into impactful marketing campaigns and assets to exceed brand KPIs. You will be charged with transforming established designs into a range of formats and platform specific requirements. You will have a keen eye for detail mixed with creative and technical know-how, and will be charged with not only developing existing design concepts for marketing campaigns, but also developing new design projects from conception to completion.
The Sr. Designer role will be part of the team tasked with continually evolving the Known agency brand to ensure it stays fresh while remaining on-brand. Additionally, this individual will work across the agency’s roster of consumer brand clients to help design the look and feel of client assets and marketing campaigns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and concept outstanding, pixel-perfect designs for digital advertising, paid and organic social, print, OOH, presentations, and PR/talent/internal assets, etc.
- Play a hands-on role in the versioning and delivery of outstanding creative, working collaboratively within a cross-disciplinary team and environment (Creative Directors, Designers, Jr. Designers, Art Directors Copywriters and Account Teams)
- Work with established brand and platform guidelines to maintain existing designs
- Ensure consistency and efficacy of production and design throughout all creative
- Work closely with the Creative Director and Sr. Project Manager to ensure files are built to spec and released on-time
- Work with Designer to build client presentations and presentation templates
- Execute high-quality, accurate art and copy revisions in support of creative team with keen attention to detail
- Create various formats and sizes of supplied artwork
- Leverage talent for visual design to contribute to holistic experiences that solve for business goals
- Ensure and develop best practice principles in conjunction with wider team
- Consistently communicate with project owners regarding project status and challenges
- Provide technical input and advice on projects as required to achieve high quality
- Offer input and share ideas at creative meetings
- Manage creative request workflow by prioritizing projects
- Solid understanding of fundamental disciplines of design as well as design trends, specifically across brand design, type, layout, image composition, infographic and motion design
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Keynote., Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Google Suite.
- Must be able to work quickly but also remain extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to integrate feedback with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while being calm under pressure
- A desire to understand the advertising industry at large; an ability and a desire to adapt to the changing landscape of technology
- Strong work ethic, adaptable to ever-changing hours and demands, with ability to refocus and develop options for quick changes in projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to navigate and collaborate effectively with teams
- Self-driven, eager to learn and goal-oriented
- BA in design or other related field
- 5-8 years of professional experience working in design at an advertising agency, design firm and/or in-house creative team