Known is a modern marketing company engineered for the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. Known pairs PhD data scientists with award-winning creatives, expert research teams and strategists. Known is anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science capabilities, which uniquely empower our marketing strategy and acclaimed creative groups, who produce some of the most innovative, cutting-edge creative work in culture. The result? Marketing that is predisposed to succeed and be persistently optimized, directly impacting clients' bottom lines. Our clients span the leading brands in finance, technology, media, CPG, real estate and many other categories. Known has nearly 300 employees in 6 US cities including Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Boston and New York. Our teams have won multiple Emmys, Clios, Effies, Cannes Lions Awards and ProMax Agency of the Year.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Manager, Brand Marketing to provide data-driven guidance and recommendations for the agency’s largest client. In this role, you will work in a client-facing capacity and partner closely with department heads in Media, Creative and Account to develop sound business strategies to achieve growth for our client who is a world renowned healthcare institution.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to distill complex information (data, research, insights, best practices) into a story that is easily digestible and actionable. This will include determining how the right message reaches the right people at the right time, all on the right channels.
We imagine you have a minimum of 5 years working in an advertising agency in a strategy or planning role in order to impactfully leverage best practices to develop integrated cross-channel programs.
There are 5 key areas of focus for the role:
Understanding the Competitive Landscape
- Build a thorough understanding of the competition and client opportunities within the competitive set and provide recommendations on how to bolster knowledge where necessary.
- Develop thoughtful client-facing POVs based on competitive and industry activity
- Own competitive monitoring and analysis, as well as insight identification and analysis
Understanding the Audience
- Identify latent needs and white space by understanding attitudes, practices and behaviors of the target audience(s) and translate into actionable insights and customized customer journeys
- Lead in the collection of audience information through recruit management, screener and discussion guide development, interviewing and summarizing
- Create communication plans in collaboration with Science team to model the communication ecosystem and build effective consumer journeys
- Identify research opportunities to close knowledge gap and/or achieve client goals, i.e., Quant, Qual, Segmentation, Desk Research, Academic, Industry, Best Practices
Partnering with the Client
- Understand business goals levers to pull to achieve these goals
- Contribute to ongoing analytics and KPI reporting to optimize campaigns in market and make recommendations for new work streams
- Create client case studies at the completion of project
- Organize the business portfolio of brands, products and services in a brand architecture that helps audiences access and relate to a brand
Supporting Breakthrough Creative
- Powerfully and succinctly summarizing key proof points into insights to inspire creative team in briefs and ultimately motivate audience to action
- Develop emotive narratives for constructing compelling client conversations
- Stay on top of industry trends (client and agency) to continue to achieve a high bar of creative excellence
- Construct thoughtful POVs on news and case studies to keep client and fellow team members informed and up to date.
- Design visually appealing slides to communicate complex strategy and set up creative (without the support of a designer)
- Form solid partnerships with team members from each department including: Form creative, accounts and media
- Provide thoughtful feedback on creative to ensure it aligns to strategic vision for client and achieves business objectives
Required outputs & deliverables:
- Strategic upfront and creative set-up slides to assist clients in seeing our creative vision
- Value proposition definitions and positioning articulations
- Creative briefs and ownable territories (for the overall campaign and for individual executions by channel)
- Channel strategy recommendations
- Messaging recommendations
- Research gap analyses, research recommendations and POVs
- Ongoing audience insight generation
- Brainstorming session facilitation
- A passion for understanding our partner’s needs and becoming their trusted advisor.
- Deep empathy for consumers, our partners and our teammates.
- A desire to change the way things have been done in marketing and brand strategy.
- Excitement to partner across practices including: client experience, data scientists, insights and creatives across our offices.
- Highly motivated with a history of high integrity.
- Healthcare, pharmaceutical client experience a plus
- Advertising and/or marketing agency experience.