Known is a modern marketing company engineered for the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. Known pairs PhD data scientists with award-winning creatives, expert research teams and strategists. Known is anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science capabilities, which uniquely empower our marketing strategy and acclaimed creative groups, who produce some of the most innovative, cutting-edge creative work in culture. The result? Marketing that is predisposed to succeed and be persistently optimized, directly impacting clients' bottom lines. Our clients span the leading brands in finance, technology, media, CPG, real estate and many other categories. Known has nearly 400 employees in 6 US cities including Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Boston and New York. Our teams have won multiple Emmys, Clios, Effies, Cannes Lions Awards and ProMax Agency of the Year three times.
We are open to this role being situated in New York or Los Angeles.
About the role:
The Brand Strategy Manager is a mid-senior level role and is an exceptional listener and an even better storyteller - with the ability to translate the toughest client challenges into a simple and elegant strategic approach that resonates with clients and internal teams alike.
The right candidate should be able to organize and distill vast amounts of information in order to find truth in the noise.
As a Brand Strategy Manager you must be patient, collaborative, and able to work independently when needed.
You are excited to and capable of:
- Analyzing of data, cultural intelligence, audience insight, and industry knowledge to tell a clear and inspirational story
- Packaging insights into a very simple, clear, and digestible download for account and creative teams
- Articulating a clear, convincing train of thought that leads to a powerful strategic idea
- Knowing a great idea when you see one, or to help articulate a great idea when it’s not quite there yet
- Developing and continually improving current products & deliverables such as:
- Brand strategy:
- Positioning and brand north star
- Brand and product architecture
- Engagement strategy:
- Creative briefs
- Brand equities and messaging
- Performance marketing:
- Learning Agendas
- Campaign optimization
- Brand strategy:
- Helping to build and grow relationships with clients, ensuring they remain connected to our process, progress and deliverables.
- Joining business development presentations with new clients and helping us to prepare for those meetings.
- Supporting and taking ownership of internal efforts to scope and cost new work (including describing that work in SOWs).
- Working well with other functions within the company including researchers, data scientists, media buyers/planners, creatives and others.
- In partnership with our media team, helping to brief research/data and creative teams with what they need to help inform a coherent/inspired solution for our clients.
- A passion for understanding our partner’s needs and becoming their trusted advisor.
- Comfort presenting to and briefing internal teams and clients at various levels
- Ability to balance various projects at once
- Deep empathy for consumers, our partners and our teammates.
- A desire to change the way things have been done in marketing and brand strategy.
- Excitement to partner with data scientists, insights and creatives across our offices.
- Highly motivated and self-motivated with a history of high integrity.
- Strong interpersonal and written skills.
- At least 6 years’ experience in a marketing role, with at least 3 years in an advertising / marketing agency.