Known is a modern marketing company engineered for the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. Known pairs PhD data scientists with award-winning creatives, expert research teams and strategists. Known is anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science capabilities, which uniquely empower our marketing strategy and acclaimed creative groups, who produce some of the most innovative, cutting-edge creative work in culture. The result? Marketing that is predisposed to succeed and be persistently optimized, directly impacting clients' bottom lines. Our clients span the leading brands in finance, technology, media, CPG, real estate, and many other categories. Known has over 300 employees in 6 US cities including Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, Boston, and New York. Our teams have won multiple Emmys, Clios, Effies, Cannes Lions Awards and ProMax Agency of the Year three times.
We are looking for a VP, Director, Tax and Partnerships to join our growing finance team. The VP, T&P will be responsible for all elements of the Company’s tax department, including overseeing compliance and communication associated with the current LLC structure, as well as structuring, tax planning, and tax strategy associated with a conversion to a C-Corp, Capital raise and domestic/international M&A activity.
- Establish and oversee all aspects of the Company’s tax requirements.
- Manage compliance and interaction with outsourced firm quarterly and estimated tax filings for partners and the company.
- Oversee all state compliance including income, withholding and sales tax issues.
- Work directly with finance, operations, and legal on potential deals, structuring, tax planning and acquisitions associated with anticipated future conversion to a C-Corp.
- Select and manage strategic outsourced expertise, including compliance firms, accounting firms, production tax credit outsourcing and other outsourced M&A or structuring expertise.
Education and Requirements
- Certified Public Accountant and/or JD
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Masters Preferred
- 10-12+ years’ experience, with an ideal mix of Big 4 accounting, private or public company Tax.
- Experience as a Director in flow through, partnerships or other similar structures.
- Experience overseeing both compliance as well as structuring, planning, and tax strategy functions in a multi-national organization.
- Experience managing outsourced partners responsible for compliance and filings.
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills. Ability to build trusted relationships with executives in our legal and operations departments.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Capable of translating complex tax concepts into repeatable and understandable reliable reports.
- Experience working in the media/entertainment and/or advertising/marketing industry is preferred.