Known (www.known.is) is a modern marketing company engineered to meet the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. We are setting a new standard by data scientists with award-winning creatives, expert research teams and strategists to deliver clients the most advanced, end-to-end solutions they need, in the most efficient, effective, and transparent ways. Anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science, we provide brands with consumer intelligence, strategy, media planning and buying, and renowned creative in all media, producing some of the most innovative, cutting-edge work in culture today. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Austin, Seattle, and San Francisco, we are 300 people, a community of extraordinary talent, working as one team to help our clients succeed.
Known’s Media Science team uses advanced analytics, machine learning, statistics, and algorithms to plan and optimize advertising dollars. We partner with our clients to translate their business goals into meaningful metrics, and buy media across all channels to drive those target outcomes. We are looking for someone to join the team and work alongside data analysts, data scientists, media buyers, and software engineers.
As an Associate Director, Programmatic, you own performance and optimization for the campaigns you’re on. You will lead programmatic team members in daily account management, strategy creation and implementation, tracking performance against goals, and adherence to deadlines, among other topics.
What You'll Do
- Driving performance for our media campaigns and amazing our clients, both by meeting their targets and creating insightful narratives.
- Design and author overall team strategy and approach to programmatic advertising across multiple clients.
- Manage achievement of KPIs and deadlines for campaigns you oversee
- Engage and evaluate vendors to broaden and improve the team’s programmatic capabilities.
- Participate in guiding our internal research and development for automation, optimization, and machine learning.
- Ensure best practice in all programmatic activities (set up, optimization, reporting) as well as knowledge sharing across teams.
- Develop and maintain quality control procedures for programmatic campaign implementations.
- Manage and develop direct reports and take responsibility for complete team development, including training and mentoring.
- Be a point of escalation, identifying and resolving problems in a client-centric environment and coordinating efforts across the team.
- Understand and effectively communicate programmatic value proposition, technology, and processes as related to the growth of current and prospective agency accounts
- Understanding the client’s overall business objectives and translating them into programmatic advertising efforts
- Coordinate programmatic strategy with other media channels
- Day-to-day management and coordination of advertising spend you’re responsible for, including working with channel specialists on strategy, insights, optimizations, and improvements
- Building analyses, stories, and slides for client media plans and reports
- A degree from a well-regarded college or university. STEM degrees are preferred.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in management of the buying, strategy, and execution of highly data-driven performance programmatic campaigns, ideally in a digital agency environment
- Understanding of how Programmatic Advertising works with Social & Search, SEO, Mobile, and Attribution
- Broad range of experience managing across verticals and direct response/branded campaigns
- In-platform experience specifically on Beeswax or DV360 is a big plus
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Understanding of the basic stats and math that inform smart media buying
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Comfort going in-platform to pull analyses when necessary
- In-platform experience with one or more DSPs
- Expertise designing high performance programmatic campaigns --e.g. allocation, measurement plan, strategy, and scaling budgets
- Experience multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment is a plus
- Experience working directly with data scientists is a plus
- An ability to translate business challenges into quantitative problems, and solve them by whatever means necessary, delivering high quality output to meet the client’s expectations.
- An ability to delegate tasks to small and junior teams
- Highly collaborative nature
- A commitment to managing the quality & accuracy of analytics, ensuring high standards with your and others’ work
- Unlimited paid time off
- Equity plan with profit sharing
- 401k with company matching and no vesting period
- Annual bonuses
- Vacation and anniversary cash bonuses
- Generous medical plan
- Paid parental leave
- In-house barista plus cold brew on tap!
Known is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or qualified job applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or locally protected class.