Known is a modern marketing company engineered to meet the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. We are setting a new standard by pairing data scientists with award-winning creatives, expert research teams, and strategists to deliver clients the most advanced, end-to-end solutions they need, in the most efficient, effective, and transparent ways. Anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science, we provide brands with consumer intelligence, strategy, media planning and buying, and renowned creative in all media, producing some of the most innovative, cutting-edge work in culture today. With offices in New York, Boston, Austin, Los Angeles and Seattle, we are a community of 300+ extraordinarily talented people, working as one team to help our clients succeed.
The Media/Data Science team continues to grow and so does our need for Senior Data Analysts. Our SDAs are responsible for producing deep insights to optimize our ad campaigns, using analytics, automation, piloting existing tools, or building new approaches and algorithms. Typically working in a team with at least one more senior member, our Senior Data Analysts are expected to have excellent critical thinking skills, with an innate sense of curiosity and the desire to explore new ways to evolve and improve our processes and offerings. In addition, time and project management skills are key to being successful in this role.
Being a Senior Data Analyst at Known is a unique opportunity for those pursuing a career in this field. Our SDAs sometimes work directly with clients (and not just from behind the keyboard), attending client meetings and occasionally presenting results with support from more senior members. They are responsible for contributing significantly to deliverables, including regular campaign updates.
What You'll Do:
- Independently build and sometimes present campaign-related analyses and results
- Ideate on new analytical methodologies for optimizing our campaigns
- Validate data analyses by reviewing and performing audits of our data in reporting or creating new analyses that better serve our clients or improve our efficiency
- Day-to-day monitoring, management, analytics, optimization, and development of assigned campaigns
- Develop new approaches (algorithms, models, and automation) to optimize KPIs and improve Known IP
- Operate existing software infrastructure to traffic, evaluate performance, and analyze media
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university. STEM degrees are preferred.
- An advanced degree in a technical field preferred
- 2+ years professional experience in analytics, advertising, ad tech, or media OR a PHD
- Can exhibit technical leadership and critical thinking by reviewing and identifying errors
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Basic coding experience (Python preferred)
- Intermediate SQL skills--writing SQL queries against relational database tables
- Strong math and statistics foundational knowledge
- Proven ability to work independently and efficiently
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Some experience presenting work and the desire to develop this area
- Aptitude for deeply interpreting data/analytics
- Basic ML is a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau is a plus
- Detail-oriented with a desire for managing the quality & accuracy of analytics, including checking your own and others’ work
- A desire to work on challenging problems that require flexibility in approach -- everything from on-the-fly analytics to statistics, big data, machine learning, and mathematical algorithms (but not alone!)
- Ability to think strategically, analytically, and proactively about diverse business problems
- Collaborative attitude
- Self motivated and exhibits initiative
- Willing & able to learn quickly
- Abundant intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Fully remote to start, hybrid remote/in-office model when our offices re-open (targeting Fall '21)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Equity plan with profit sharing
- 401k with company matching and no vesting period
- Annual bonuses
- Vacation and anniversary cash bonuses
- Generous medical plan
- Paid parental leave
- In-house barista plus cold brew on tap!
Known is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or qualified job applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or locally protected class.