Chemical companies are the hidden innovators behind the end-products we rely on every day. Chemistry is used to make every physical good on earth, including the products we love from Tesla, Glossier, Apple, Nike, 3M and J&J. And yet, the largest and most impactful industry in the world is still doing business the same way it did 100 years ago.
Knowde is building the first digital marketplace for the $5 trillion chemical industry. Chemical companies use Knowde to market and sell their products online for the first time ever. For buyers, Knowde has become their go-to destination to shop across the entire world of chemistry all in a single destination.
Buyers use Knowde as their go-to destination to discover and purchase chemicals from any chemical producer all in one place. By helping pull this industry online, we will accelerate the innovation behind every physical product in the world.
We’ve raised over $90M from the world’s leading investors, including Sequoia Capital and Coatue, to realize our vision.
Come Join Us!
Knowde is looking to add a talented copywriter to join our brand marketing team! We are a fast-moving, well-funded Series B startup, so there is a massive opportunity for growth within this role.
As a writer at Knowde, you would work under the mentorship of the Creative Director to refine and develop the brand’s voice and tone. You’ll collaborate with designers to concept and write landing page headlines and copy, from the latest product offerings to value props for a wide array of audiences. You’ll be tasked with describing technology for a complex industry in friendly language that’s simple and digestible.
We stay organized in Google Drive, Jira, Confluence, Asana, & Slack.
What You'll Be Doing
- Help refine and develop Knowde’s unique voice and tone
- Enhance the Knowde Brand through your writing
- Be able to digest complex information and present it in a clear, simple and friendly way
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and Marketing Team to write marketing materials in line with the Knowde Brand
- Work cross-functionally with Knowde’s Product Team, to write on-brand, best-in-class content for Product Marketing and UX
- Work cross-functionally with Knowde’s Commercial Team to write content for sales collateral
- Deliver high quality work while maintaining multiple projects at one time
- Maintain a consistent voice and tone throughout marketing and brand materials
- Some projects you’ll contribute to include:
- Brand Marketing
- Product Marketing
- Landing Page Copy
- UX Copy
- Storyboarding & Video Copy
- Presentation Copy
- Sales Collateral & Leave Behinds
- Email Copy
- Social Copy
Who You Are
- You love writing. You work hard and fast.
- You have vision. You can see what others can’t. You see around corners. Words bring concepts to life, working hand in hand with the visuals.
- You have good taste. You’re able to identify beautiful, on-brand copy that enhances the brands you’re working with.
- You have immaculate attention to detail. You dot your i’s and cross your t’s before considering something complete.
- You are self-directed. You are able to receive a prompt, ask questions and get the job done.
What You Should Have
- 4+ years of working as a copywriter in an agency, startup, or B2B space.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Our Perks & Benefits
- We offer “Knerds” a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, designed to fit you and your family’s needs
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Fully remote position
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Knowde upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.