Chemical companies are the hidden innovators behind the end-products we rely on every day. Chemistry is used to make every physical good on earth, including the products we love from Tesla, Glossier, Apple, Nike, 3M and J&J. And yet, the largest and most impactful industry in the world is still doing business the same way it did 100 years ago.
Knowde is building the first digital marketplace for the $5 trillion chemical industry. Chemical companies use Knowde to market and sell their products online for the first time ever. For buyers, Knowde has become their go-to destination to shop across the entire world of chemistry all in a single destination.
Buyers use Knowde as their go-to destination to discover and purchase chemicals from any chemical producer all in one place. By helping pull this industry online, we will accelerate the innovation behind every physical product in the world.
We’ve raised over $90M from the world’s leading investors, including Sequoia Capital and Coatue, to realize our vision.
Come Join Us!
Knowde is looking to add an immensely talented Senior Front End Developer to join our Engineering team. As one of our engineers, you will help us invent, design, refine, and deliver the products that will enable this digital transformation. The products we will create together simply do not exist today. This is your chance to fundamentally affect how product innovation occurs globally across industries.
What You’ll Be Doing
- As a small, remote team you’ll be empowered to work directly with leadership and the product team to make decisions about your code and the future of the product.
- Be a trailblazer by contributing to the build of a complex ecommerce marketplace, the first of its kind in the Chemicals space.
- Have a strong emphasis on shipping features quickly without sacrificing code quality.
- Own your projects from software design to implementation and deployment.
- Take pride in your work by implementing cutting-edge technologies and writing state-of-the-art code.
- Build modular front-end code leveraging REST-based services.
- Emphasize simplicity and pragmatism, which is reflected in your elegant code that other developers emulate.
- Have an exceptional understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and service workers
What You Should Have
- 5+ years’ experience developing rich UI/Front-end for user-facing web applications.
- Strong experience with React or Angular, TypeScript, SSR, SPA, PWA, OOP, Reactive programming, Flexbox, and Unit tests (Karma + Jasmine)
- Ability to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Ability to work and collaborate within distributed, multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Experience in developing secure web applications and knowledge of application vulnerabilities such as Cross Site Scripting (XSS), Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) etc.
- High bar for quality and a phenomenal attention to detail.
- Knowledge of browser quirks and their remedies. By the way, we do not support Internet Explorer (any version).
- React 17/ Angular 11 / TypeScript
- Jasmine / Karma / Cypress
- Nx / Lerna
- Ruby / Python
- PostgreSQL / Elasticsearch / Redis / S3
Our Perks & Benefits
- We offer “Knerds” a variety of medical, dental, and vision plans, designed to fit you and your family’s needs
- 401K program to help you invest in your future
- Education & learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Fully remote position
- Flexible vacation time to promote a healthy work-life blend
- Paid parental leave to support you and your family
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Knowde upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.