KnowBe4, the provider of the world's largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform, is used by tens of thousands of organizations around the globe. KnowBe4 enables organizations to manage the ongoing problem of social engineering by helping them train employees to make smarter security decisions, every day.
Fortune has ranked us as a best place to work for women, for millennials, and in technology for four years in a row! We have been certified as a "Great Place To Work" in 8 countries, plus we've earned numerous other prestigious awards, including Glassdoor's Best Places To Work.
Our team values radical transparency, extreme ownership, and continuous professional development in a welcoming workplace that encourages all employees to be themselves. Whether working remotely or in-person, we strive to make every day fun and engaging; from team lunches to trivia competitions to local outings, there is always something exciting happening at KnowBe4.
This position is a hybrid role open to candidates in the greater Tampa Bay area. This position will require the intern to work in our Clearwater, FL office 3 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday).
Dates of Program: May 20 - August 9, 2024 (12 weeks)
Application Dates: You should apply as soon as possible but understand that because of our large pool of applicants, the selection process can take a few months. We strive to create a diverse group of interns as we feel that it improves the overall internship experience.
Attention: This is a paid internship. Please note that the intern would be responsible for relocation (if needed) and lodging for the duration of the internship.
Internship Program Details: Join the best internship program around! Interns get unique insight into the minds of the CEO and senior executives during Ask Me Anything sessions. Interns will receive company training, onboarding, and professional development workshops to help transition into the workplace. Interns will also engage in team-building activities and awesome socials. For more information on the internship program, visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/internships.
As an Junior Sales Representative Intern at KnowBe4, you’ll see business through the lens of the provider of the world's largest integrated new-school security awareness training and simulated phishing platform as you grow your knowledge of KnowBe4’s products, systems, business operations, and sales strategies. The sales development internship program will give aspiring sales professionals exposure to real strategies and techniques applied in a working sales organization. The individuals selected will be exposed to real sales conversations and get hands-on experience effectively finding, cleaning and prospecting new accounts to become KnowBe4 customers. You will work alongside current SDRs and interface with the Account Executives you will deliver to.
- Learn and perform the sales development representatives day-to-day activities and administrative tasks that provide the upfront prospecting so the account executives’ time is freed up to focus on cultivating customer relationships and maximizing closing of deals
- Listen to demos of sales calls from Account Executives of varying levels of tenure
- Work with cross-functional sales teams to understand the KnowBe4 business model better
- Shadow sales development representatives with prospective customers to grow in your conversation knowledge, understanding and skills
- Learn how to perform account research on prospective clients, map company structure and verify their information to generate interest in KnowBe4 products.
- Learn how to schedule and hand off demos to quota-carrying account executives
- Learn how to organize, clean, prospect and maintain our CRM database
- Get a full understanding of the Sales Roadmap to Success
- Get a solid understanding of the Information Technology industry and the importance of security awareness training within a prospect’s organization
- Learn all critical elements of a solid sales prospecting process
- Learn and complete a successful sales handoff from prospecting efforts
- Apply negotiating skills effectively
- Translate classroom experience into practical application during the internship
- Attend all scheduled professional development events for the intern program
- On-the-job training to learn the best business practices related to prospecting and sales
- Time with inspiring sales leaders who are committed to providing ongoing training & mentoring
- Industry, KnowBe4 and Sales process training at the beginning of the internship
- Learn key terms related to KnowBe4 and cybersecurity
- Role-playing to learn conversation best practices, mirroring, labeling and objection-handling techniques
- Learning best practice techniques for calling and emailing prospects
- On-the-job training in key sales development steps and strong administrative disciplines
- Learn time management and balance of workload
- Strong Communication and Empathy
- Confident and Positive
- Resilient and Adaptable
- Competitiveness and Tenacity
- Collaborative Team Player
- Must be a Junior or Senior candidate
- Degree in Hospitality, Communications, Customer Service, Marketing or Business Management/Administration
Our Fantastic Benefits
We offer company-wide monthly bonuses, employee referral bonuses, 401k matching (US), fully paid medical insurance (US), open/generous paid time off (length varies by country), parental leave (length varies by country), adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement, certification completion bonuses, gym benefits, and a relaxed dress code - all in a modern, high-tech, and fun work environment. For more details about our benefits, visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/benefits.
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without prejudice to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/request-accommodation.
No recruitment agencies, please.