KnowBe4, the provider of the world's largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform, is used by tens of thousands of organizations around the globe. KnowBe4 enables organizations to manage the ongoing problem of social engineering by helping them train employees to make smarter security decisions, every day.
Fortune has ranked us as a best place to work for women, for millennials, and in technology for four years in a row! We have been certified as a "Great Place To Work" in 8 countries, plus we've earned numerous other prestigious awards, including Glassdoor's Best Places To Work.
Our team values radical transparency, extreme ownership, and continuous professional development in a welcoming workplace that encourages all employees to be themselves. Whether working remotely or in-person, we strive to make every day fun and engaging; from team lunches to trivia competitions to private parties at theme parks, there is always something exciting happening at KnowBe4.
This position is a hybrid role open to candidates in the greater Tampa Bay area. This position will require the intern to work in our Clearwater, FL office 2-3 days a week.
Dates of Program: May 22 - August 11, 2023 (12 weeks)
Application Dates: You should apply as soon as possible but understand that because of our large pool of applicants, the selection process can take a few months. We strive to create a diverse group of interns as we feel that it improves the overall internship experience.
Attention: This is a paid internship. Please note that for internship positions with the in-office or hybrid option, the intern would be responsible for relocation (if needed) and lodging for the duration of the internship. Some internship positions are hybrid/in-office and some are fully virtual. Positions that say "Remote" in the title are fully remote, and positions without "Remote" in the title are hybrid and the intern will be expected to be in the Clearwater office 2-3 days a week.
Internship Program Details: Join the best internship program around! Interns get unique insight into the minds of the CEO and senior executives during Ask Me Anything sessions. Interns will receive company training, onboarding, and professional development training to help transition into the workplace. Interns will also engage in team-building activities and awesome socials specifically designed for the interns. Because we offer both hybrid and remote internships, we will offer a variety of virtual activities, in addition to in-person activities for those interns located in the Tampa Bay area. For more information on the internship program, visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/internships.
The Content Editing Intern is responsible for helping edit, proofread, and assure the quality of KnowBe4’s content, including training and guidance documentation on our Knowledge Base, user interface (UI) text, video scripts, and other types of content. They also help develop internal style guides and writing resources to ensure consistency and clarity for our content.
- Edit new and existing content, including Knowledge Base articles, video scripts, UI text, GRC content, and ad hoc content
- Provide constructive feedback for style, organization, and clarity of content
- Collaborate with the Content Editing Team to perform a style audit of existing documentation in our Knowledge Base
- Assist in the creation of internal style guides and writing resources
- Occasionally write content, such as Knowledge Base articles or UI text
- Learn about the content editing and writing process
- Be able to edit a variety of content, including content with different lengths, purposes, and audiences
- Learn how to edit content for localization
- Learn how to deliver constructive feedback and collaborate with writers
- Research various industry writing standards and develop style resources
- Learn basic HTML and CSS for article creation and updates
- Build a portfolio of content that you edited or wrote for a nationally-recognized brand with thousands of users
- Improve your editing, proofreading, and writing skills
- Learn about industry best practices for editing and writing
- Training on content editing and writing processes and best practices
- Training on HTML and CSS
- Completion of sophomore year of a bachelor’s degree in English, Writing, Communication, or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great editing, proofreading, and grammar skills
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS is preferred but not required
- Technical Communication, Business Writing, Mass Communications, Technical Writing, English
Our Fantastic Benefits
We offer company-wide monthly bonuses, employee referral bonuses, an employee stock purchase program, 401k matching (US), fully paid medical insurance (US), open/generous paid time off (length varies by country), parental leave (length varies by country), adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement, certification completion bonuses, gym benefits, and a relaxed dress code - all in a modern, high-tech, and fun work environment. For more details about our benefits, visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/benefits.
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without prejudice to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/request-accommodation.
No recruitment agencies, please.