KnowBe4, the provider of the world's largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform, is used by tens of thousands of organizations around the globe. KnowBe4 enables organizations to manage the ongoing problem of social engineering by helping them train employees to make smarter security decisions, every day.
Fortune has ranked us as a best place to work for women, for millennials, and in technology for four years in a row! We have been certified as a "Great Place To Work" in 8 countries, plus we've earned numerous other prestigious awards, including Glassdoor's Best Places To Work.
Our team values radical transparency, extreme ownership, and continuous professional development in a welcoming workplace that encourages all employees to be themselves. Whether working remotely or in-person, we strive to make every day fun and engaging; from team lunches to trivia competitions to private parties at theme parks, there is always something exciting happening at KnowBe4.
Remote positions open to the US only.
The Compliance Counsel I will be responsible for managing the company’s various compliance initiatives. This involves implementing policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure that management and employees understand and adhere to legal and regulatory requirements for the company and its global affiliates. The Compliance Counsel I will also be responsible for assisting with monitoring compliance with these requirements and the development of related reporting on the effectiveness of the company’s global compliance program and specific compliance matters.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be responsible for various duties as it relates to being a public company, including, but not limited to, maintaining Section 16 officer and director stock ownership records; tracking related party transactions; assisting the General Counsel, Snr. Compliance Counsel and VP of SEC Reporting with preparation and filing of various SEC and NASDAQ reports.
- Advise the company regarding economic sanctions export and import compliance, antitrust, anti-corruption/bribery, privacy, key securities exchange regulations, anti-money laundering and other ethics and compliance regulations that affect the business
- Assist in responding to suspected violations of company policies by managing and conducting end-to-end investigations and recommending corrective actions, as appropriate
- Collaborate with other risk and controls personnel to implement, manage, and enhance all policies/protocols/SOPs to ensure best in class risk mitigation and legal compliance
- Conduct routine audits on company’s adherence to legal compliance policies
- Collaborate with internal and/or external attorneys on compliance related legal activities
- Develop, implement, manage and enhance various compliance initiatives
- Identify potential risk areas, deficiencies in current compliance related practices and assist with developing appropriate program modifications and related activities to prevent and discover illegal or unethical conduct
- Provide education and guidance to employees on ethics and compliance matters
- Collaborate with corporate functions, such as Finance, the Legal Department, People Operations and other business units in the internal investigation process, raising awareness of ethics and compliance program requirements, and ensuring appropriate accountability
- Support the management of the Whistleblower Hotline
- Implement and maintain systems and company programs to address defined compliance risk areas and measure compliance program effectiveness
- Assess and monitor changes in all relevant laws, regulations and rules
- Assist with global expansion, including mergers, acquisitions, and entity formations
- Provide advice and guidance for securities matters and global subsidiary compliance
- Assist in the preparation and review of SEC filings, including registration statements, proxy statements (including shareholder proposals and proxy solicitations) and Section 16 reporting, including Forms 3, 4 and 5
- Support directors, officers and executives regarding Rule 10b5-1 plans and compliance
- Conduct trade pre-clearance of KnowBe4 stock; monitor trades
- Research, review and execution of administrative details in securities laws
- Assist with insider trading policy compliance and notifications
- Assist with the preparation and review of D&O questionnaires
- Review external communications during quiet periods
- Respond to general requests from other departments as necessary
- Complete Form ID to obtain EDGAR access codes for any new executives and/or directors
- Must have a law degree from an ABA accredited school
- Must be admitted to a recognized bar
- Licensed Attorney in good standing
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in legal compliance working with, or at, public companies
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working at a law firm is strongly preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in securities, SEC filings and proxy processes a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships between the organization’s business units
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to handle high volumes of work at a fast pace
Our Fantastic Benefits
We offer company-wide monthly bonuses, employee referral bonuses, an employee stock purchase program, 401k matching (US), fully paid medical insurance (US), open/generous paid time off (length varies by country), parental leave (length varies by country), adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement, certification completion bonuses, gym benefits, and a relaxed dress code - all in a modern, high-tech, and fun work environment. For more details about our benefits, visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/benefits.
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without prejudice to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/request-accommodation.
No recruitment agencies, please.