KnowBe4, the provider of the world's largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform, is used by tens of thousands of organizations around the globe. KnowBe4 enables organizations to manage the ongoing problem of social engineering by helping them train employees to make smarter security decisions, every day.
Fortune has ranked us as a best place to work for women, for millennials, and in technology for four years in a row! We have been certified as a "Great Place To Work" in 8 countries, plus we've earned numerous other prestigious awards, including Glassdoor's Best Places To Work.
Our team values radical transparency, extreme ownership, and continuous professional development in a welcoming workplace that encourages all employees to be themselves. Whether working remotely or in-person, we strive to make every day fun and engaging; from team lunches to trivia competitions to private parties at theme parks, there is always something exciting happening at KnowBe4.
Clearwater positions open to candidates located in greater Tampa Bay area.
The Documentation & Compliance Specialist role is responsible for the creation of technical documentation to support the MIS department, with a primary focus on documentation to maintain compliance standards such as SOX, ISO, FedRamp, etc. This documentation will include the creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOPs), policy, technical guides, FAQs, and workflows.
- Plan, develop, organize, write, and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Interview subject-matter experts (SMEs) to gather information for technical documentation; including development of MIS Policy and Procedures to meet compliance requirements
- Maintain MIS Policy & Procedure documentation resources which includes assignment mapping of responsible departments, routing for annual updates and review, etc.
- Learn and document standard operating procedures, processes, and workflows; where appropriate advise on compliance standards and make recommendations for improvement
- Develop and maintain both internal IT facing and internal company facing knowledge base articles
- Participate in project meetings, taking appropriate notes that will become part of the final documentation product
- Create in-depth user guides, FAQs, and technical overviews for internal employees
- Test documentation for accuracy and consistency
- Consistent communication with project managers, compliance analyst, and core members of implementation teams
- Learn functionality of internal systems to help write end-user documentation
- Suggest improvements to processes, standards, and guidelines
- Create, develop, and deploy company wide MIS communications
- Minimum 4 years hands-on technical writing
- Minimum 2 years working as a technical writer or documentation specialist, specifically with compliance writing for SOX, ISO, FedRAMP
- 1 year in general IT support or IT related positions
- Experience working and translating with subject matter experts
- Experience in life cycle of documentation for pre-release through on-going maintenance
- Experience with completing technical compliance documentation to meet such standards such as SOX, ISO, and FedRamp
- Proficient in content creation workflows including managing publication of documents through multiple approval gates
- Ability to analyze complex content
- Strong IT technical skills
- Ability to write clearly for multiple audiences
- Proficient in Google Suite applications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical information in non-technical terms
- Proficient in time management
- Proficient in creating workflows, graphs, and screenshots
Our Fantastic Benefits
We offer company-wide monthly bonuses, employee referral bonuses, an employee stock purchase program, 401k matching (US), fully paid medical insurance (US), open/generous paid time off (length varies by country), parental leave (length varies by country), adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement, certification completion bonuses, gym benefits, and a relaxed dress code - all in a modern, high-tech, and fun work environment. For more details about our benefits, visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/benefits.
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without prejudice to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/request-accommodation.
No recruitment agencies, please.