KnowBe4, the provider of the world's largest security awareness training and simulated phishing platform, is used by tens of thousands of organizations around the globe. KnowBe4 enables organizations to manage the ongoing problem of social engineering by helping them train employees to make smarter security decisions, every day.
Fortune has ranked us as a best place to work for women, for millennials, and in technology for four years in a row! We have been certified as a "Great Place To Work" in 8 countries, plus we've earned numerous other prestigious awards, including Glassdoor's Best Places To Work.
Our team values radical transparency, extreme ownership, and continuous professional development in a welcoming workplace that encourages all employees to be themselves. Whether working remotely or in-person, we strive to make every day fun and engaging; from team lunches to trivia competitions to private parties at theme parks, there is always something exciting happening at KnowBe4.
Please submit your resume in English.
To learn more about our team and office culture in Tokyo, Japan, visit the following links.
Careers Page: https://www.knowbe4.com/careers/locations/tokyo
The SMB Sales Engineer is a vital member of the sales team having primary responsibility for providing pre-sales technical support to prospective customers for all KnowBe4 products. This position will help identify key customer requirements and present KnowBe4 products that meet those applicable requirements. In addition, the ideal candidate will collaborate directly with other business units such as technical support to address complex technical issues.
- Investigate and document technical issues and communicate findings to development team or clients as required
- Communicate directly with prospective customers to gather details to fully define technical issues or customer requirements
- Help to create brand awareness for KnowBe4 products within the assigned territory and/or region
- Establish relationships with partners, prospects and existing clients in support of the Sales teams objectives and engage and leverage corporate resources, abilities, budgets and personnel as appropriate
- Address technical issues that are impeding the closing of sales opportunities
- Work alongside the Sales team to implement and manage technical proof-of-concepts (POCs) for prospective customers
- 2 year degree or technical degree preferred
- Proficient in Japanese (both spoken and written) and English (both spoken and written)
- Experience with Gmail and Google Docs
- Experience with MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Experience with web browsers (Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Highly organized and result-oriented
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Can demonstrate technical troubleshooting and analysis ability
- Can demonstrate integrity, accountability, respect and commitment
- Strong collaborative and teamwork skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
Our Fantastic Benefits
We offer company-wide monthly bonuses, employee referral bonuses, an employee stock purchase program, 401k matching (US), fully paid medical insurance (US), open/generous paid time off (length varies by country), parental leave (length varies by country), adoption assistance, tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement, certification completion bonuses, gym benefits, and a relaxed dress code - all in a modern, high-tech, and fun work environment. For more details about our benefits, visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/benefits.
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without prejudice to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/request-accommodation.
No recruitment agencies, please.