Clearwater positions open to candidates located in greater Tampa Bay area.
The Compliance & Documentation Writer role is responsible for the creation of technical documentation to support the MIS department, with a primary focus on documentation to maintain compliance standards such as SOX, ISO, FedRamp, etc. This documentation will include the creation and maintenance of standard operating procedures (SOPs), policy, technical guides, FAQs, and workflows.
- Plan, develop, organize, write, and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Interview subject-matter experts (SMEs) to gather information for technical documentation; including development of MIS Policy and Procedures to meet compliance requirements
- Maintain MIS Policy & Procedure documentation resources which includes assignment mapping of responsible departments, routing for annual updates and review, etc.
- Learn and document standard operating procedures, processes, and workflows; where appropriate advise on compliance standards and make recommendations for improvement
- Develop and maintain both internal IT facing and internal company facing knowledge base articles
- Participate in project meetings, taking appropriate notes that will become part of the final documentation product
- Create in-depth user guides, FAQs, and technical overviews for internal employees
- Test documentation for accuracy and consistency
- Consistent communication with project managers, compliance analyst, and core members of implementation teams
- Learn functionality of internal systems to help write end-user documentation
- Suggest improvements to processes, standards, and guidelines
- Create, develop, and deploy company wide MIS communications
- Minimum 4 years hands-on technical writing
- Minimum 2 years working as a technical writer or documentation specialist, specifically with compliance writing for SOX, ISO, FedRAMP
- 1 year in general IT support or IT related positions
- Experience working and translating with subject matter experts
- Experience in life cycle of documentation for pre-release through on-going maintenance
- Experience with completing technical compliance documentation to meet such standards such as SOX, ISO, and FedRamp
- Proficient in content creation workflows including managing publication of documents through multiple approval gates
- Ability to analyze complex content
- Strong IT technical skills
- Ability to write clearly for multiple audiences
- Proficient in Google Suite applications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical information in non-technical terms
- Proficient in time management
- Proficient in creating workflows, graphs, and screenshots
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without prejudice to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/request-accommodation.
No recruitment agencies, please.