Remote positions open to the US only.
The eLearning Instructional Designer will research and write content for exciting compliance related online learning products (courses, live-action, animation, assessments, games, simulations, and hybrid short scripts) for KnowBe4’s customers. Familiarity with HR, Compliance, Regulatory, Workplace Safety, and Consumer & Data Privacy related content is very helpful.
Strong content writing skills and creative instructional design with the ability to bring new ideas to the table are a must. You’ll work together with graphic designers and developers in a fast paced, agile development environment working with SME’s and the entire team (graphics, Q/A, course builders, and leadership) to help write eLearning assets.
Our highly collaborative teams rapidly release courseware in an environment where innovation is applauded and minimizing distractions is top priority.
- Research and work with SMEs to develop initial planning documents & outlines for online learning assets (courses, modules scripts, assessments, learning objects, games, simulations,)
- Develop storyboards from approved outlines following online instructional design and adult learning principles best practices
- Work with graphics team to ensure graphics provide instructional value to content in line with best practices
- Effectively collaborate with different levels within the organization, to build relationships, to actively listen, and to assist team members and/or subject matter experts in translating concepts into engaging, effective online courses
- Respond promptly to feedback from Q/A and leadership
- Develop sound knowledge checks for formative assessment as well as strong summative assessments
- Possess effective communication skills: written (including editing and proof-reading), verbal, and presentation (including visuals).
- BA or B.Ed. in Instructional Design or Instructional Technology (or comparable work experience) required
- Minimum 2 years experience with the instruction design best practices (storyboard development for online learning)
- Minimum 2 years experience with creating formative and summative assessments
- Experience with writing engaging, interactive, and interesting online & mobile courseware (preferably in a corporate environment)
- Experience with Web Accessibility Standards
- Proficient with writing in AP Style
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in learning/online learning
- Understanding of adult learning theories and instructional design strategies
- Understanding of how to engage users, concepts of gamification, and how to employ them in online learning
- Top notch communication skills, verbal & written
- Familiarity with HR, Compliance, Regulatory, Workplace Safety, and Consumer & Data Privacy related needs in the marketplace
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to use tools such as MS Word & Gsuite
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without prejudice to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/request-accommodation.
No recruitment agencies, please.