The Data Protection Analyst is responsible for assisting with and contributing to KnowBe4’s Privacy Program including, but not limited to, daily operations of the program, development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures, monitoring program compliance, investigation and tracking of security incidents and breaches in compliance with federal, state and international laws as well as contractual obligations. #ZR
- Develop and enforce KnowBe4’s privacy program that defines policies and processes that enable consistent, effective privacy practices which minimize risk and ensure the confidentiality of personal data, paper and/or electronic, across all media types
- Ensure privacy forms, policies, standards, and procedures are up-to-date, accurate, and within risk tolerance levels
- Research and stay current with privacy related news and changes to policies
- Assist information security team on an ongoing basis to track, investigate and report inappropriate access and disclosure of protected information
- Monitor patterns of inappropriate access and/or disclosure of protected information; and work in coordination with
- Perform initial and periodic information privacy risk assessment/analysis, mitigation and remediation
- Conduct related ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with the organization's other compliance and operational assessment functions
- Ensure the organization has and maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality consents, authorization forms, information notices and other materials reflecting current organization and legal practices and requirements
- Assist with the development and delivery of initial and ongoing privacy training to the workforce in coordination with the Growth department
- Participate in the development, implementation, and ongoing compliance monitoring of all business associates and business associate agreements, to ensure all privacy concerns, requirements, and responsibilities are addressed
- Work cooperatively with applicable organization units in overseeing customers’ rights to inspect, amend, and restrict access to protected information when appropriate
- Initiate, facilitate and promote activities to foster information privacy awareness within the organization and related entities.
- Stay informed on applicable privacy laws and accreditation standards.
- Work with the Legal Department to represent the organization's privacy interests with external parties who undertake to adopt or amend privacy legislation, regulation, or standard
- Conduct data privacy impact assessments for various different projects
- Research applicable laws, regulations, and standards that KnowBe4 must comply with
- Assist in all applicable audits including but not limited to SOC 2 Type 2, ISO, FedRamp
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Management or similar field, or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge and experience in information privacy laws.
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, written and oral communication, and presentation skills
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork, and problem-solving to achieve goals
- Demonstrated skills in verbal communication and listening
- Demonstrated skills in providing excellent service to customers
- Excellent writing skills
- A high level of integrity and trust
- Extensive familiarity with relevant legislation and standards for the protection of information
- Certifications in the Information Privacy (CIPP, CIPM, CIPT) area and information security (Security+, CISSP) or working to achieve certifications in this and related areas preferable
Note: An applicant assessment and background check may be part of your hiring procedure.
Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered without prejudice to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/request-accommodation.
No recruitment agencies, please.