Who We Are:
As the market leader in enterprise contracts intelligence, Knowable gives corporate clients revolutionary visibility into the relationships that govern their businesses. By converting archaic legal language into structured data, Knowable helps its clients find, search, organize, and analyze their contracts, providing - for the first time - portfolio level views of risks, obligations, and entitlements. As the world’s leader in contract data analytics, with more than 25 million contract data elements analyzed each quarter, Knowable combines proprietary machine learning tools with scalable facilities for human quality control that, together, enable a full contracts intelligence solution for the enterprise.
We are seeking a Manager, Finance and Accounting to join our Client Service team based in Chicago. Come be a part of it!
We are looking for someone who shares our passion for supporting a changing legal industry for the better, and thrives in a fast-paced environment where you can truly have an impact. Reporting to Knowable’s Director of Finance, the ideal candidate will successfully operate on a lean team and manage the planning, development, implementation and control of related activities within the functional area. It’s a dynamic time with lots exciting opportunities ahead!
To be successful in this role, one will need to have outstanding business acumen, comprehensive data synthesizing skills, appreciation for flexibility, and probably a healthy sense of humor.
This individual will also provide leadership and analytical support to the finance department while acting as a financial liaison with functional areas to answer and resolve questions and issues, ensuring financial metrics are appropriately tracked and recorded.
- Coordinate with Lexis Nexis accounting functions to own Knowable’s period-end close activities including billing generation, revenue recognition, and cost entries.
- Development and production of both financial and non-financial metrics to measure strategic and operating performance; provision of meaningful interpretation/analysis and proposal of possible actions/solutions.
- Responsible for interacting with department's internal and external customers to understand priorities and communicate solutions and plans. Makes appropriate recommendations to multiple levels of management.
- Partners with functional unit to develop analysis around key initiatives to drive continuous improvement.
- Works with auditors (outside and internal) to provide requested supporting documentation and explanations.
- Other ad hoc analysis and financials support as requested.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance required. MBA and/or certifications, i.e. CMA, CFA or CPA preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 7 years of progressive and diverse accounting and financial analysis experience.
- Strong influencing skills including ability to manage through change and ability to work with management at all levels.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (strong Excel skills), query and database management programs, and in depth understanding of financial/accounting systems and software.
- Proven analytical and time management skills.
- Strong teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable operating in a high-growth and change business.
Knowable is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more info: https://www.theknowable.com/
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in the application process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
ISO STATEMENT FOR CANDIDATES APPLYING TO ROLES IN CHICAGO, BELFAST, OR WROCLAW:
As part of ISO certified organisation the candidate will be required to follow the policies and procedures on Information Security Management Systems in place at the Chicago, Belfast, and Wroclaw Centers of Excellence and globally at Axiom. The candidate will also be subject to the client’s policies and procedures and security requirements. As an employee of Axiom, you may have access to various company and client assets and will be required to maintain the level of security as identified for each asset.
SAN FRANCISCO FAIR CHANCE ORDINANCE STATEMENT FOR CANDIDATES APPLYING TO ROLES IN SAN FRANCISCO:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.