Who We Are:
As the market leader in enterprise contracts intelligence, Knowable gives corporate clients revolutionary visibility into the relationships that govern their businesses. By converting archaic legal language into structured data, Knowable helps its clients find, search, organize, and analyze their contracts, providing - for the first time - portfolio level views of risks, obligations, and entitlements. As the world’s leader in contract data analytics, with more than 25 million contract data elements analyzed each quarter, Knowable combines proprietary machine learning tools with scalable facilities for human quality control that, together, enable a full contracts intelligence solution for the enterprise.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Client Service team based in Chicago. Come be a part of it!
We are looking for someone who shares our passion for supporting a changing legal industry for the better, and thrives in a fast-paced environment where you can truly have an impact. Reporting to Knowable’s Director of Finance, the ideal candidate will successfully operate on a lean team and manage the planning, development, implementation and control of related activities within the functional area. The position will require you to develop excellent relations and maintain regular contact with assigned Business Unit teams to help them make informed decisions that drive improved business performance. Making connections with strong and proactive communication is key!
This position ensures the delivery of timely, high quality and cost-effective results, which meet business objectives. To be successful in this role, one will need to have outstanding business acumen, comprehensive data synthesizing skills, appreciation for flexibility, and probably a healthy sense of humor.
This individual will also provide expertise for revenue or cost analytics across Knowable and provide deep subject matter expertise on BI functionality and data structures to optimize performance and maintain the integrity of the data. The role will be responsible for providing analytics support and investigation to support financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, analysis and monthly reporting of revenue. There is a strong service-oriented culture with focus on results to internal customers on time and to quality.
- Build and sustain a robust knowledge of financial processes, revenue drivers, metrics and dynamics.
- Work cross functionally on projects, including budgeting, forecasting and critical company initiatives with the ability to hold team/workgroup responsibilities
- Investigate and review underlying data to provide insight for input to commentaries/insights based on available information on trends and variances.
- Support forecasting process for both revenue and cost.
- Collate and investigate data to identify and determine trends and assess outcomes of sales and marketing growth initiatives to support the business assumptions for sales and revenue.
- Consolidate budget and forecast information and finalize systems submissions for periodic forecasts and budgets. Load data into planning tools.
- Interpret user requests for analytics and data into technical report specifications and liaise with the Lexis Nexis reporting team on user requirements.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with Finance concentration. Knowledge of financial and management accounting, process and systems.
- 3-5 years of finance or accounting experience, or equivalent.
- Experience in a financial role or Finance support role and an understanding of the revenue or cost metrics and reporting working in a global organization (preferred).
- Experience achieving results in an international environment, in a centralized function working through regular interactions by email, phone or video conference with appreciation of differences in culture, time zones and legal frameworks (preferred).
- Financial skills: technical analytical skills including trend, variance and profitability analysis.
- Accounting skills: accounting policies and standards for revenue/cost and management accounting techniques (preferred).
- Business skills: Robust knowledge of financial processes, revenue drivers and dynamics for software and/or professional services (preferred).
Knowable is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more info: https://www.theknowable.com/
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in the application process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
ISO STATEMENT FOR CANDIDATES APPLYING TO ROLES IN CHICAGO, BELFAST, OR WROCLAW:
As part of ISO certified organisation the candidate will be required to follow the policies and procedures on Information Security Management Systems in place at the Chicago, Belfast, and Wroclaw Centers of Excellence and globally at Axiom. The candidate will also be subject to the client’s policies and procedures and security requirements. As an employee of Axiom, you may have access to various company and client assets and will be required to maintain the level of security as identified for each asset.
SAN FRANCISCO FAIR CHANCE ORDINANCE STATEMENT FOR CANDIDATES APPLYING TO ROLES IN SAN FRANCISCO:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.