Who We Are:
As the market leader in enterprise contracts intelligence, Knowable gives corporate clients revolutionary visibility into the relationships that govern their businesses. By converting archaic legal language into structured data, Knowable helps its clients find, search, organize, and analyze their contracts, providing - for the first time - portfolio level views of risks, obligations, and entitlements. As the world’s leader in contract data analytics, with more than 25 million contract data elements analyzed each quarter, Knowable combines proprietary machine learning tools with scalable facilities for human quality control that, together, enable a full contracts intelligence solution for the enterprise.
We are seeking a User Experience Designer (Contract to Hire) to join our R&D Team based in Bellevue, WA. Come be a part of it!
We’re looking to build our cloud infrastructure and our machine learning capability to help transform the legal industry, taking something that is truly analog and transforming it to completely digital, enabling our talent to provide a higher level of value-added services by removing the mundane.
The User Experience Designer is critical to Knowable’s ambitious product acceleration agenda. Reporting to the Director of User Experience, this role will collaborate with the UX team to cultivate a high-performing design experience, capable of delivering on an ambitious product agenda. Through deep partnership with the Product and Technical Product Management team as well as other stakeholders across the business, this role will help shape how Knowable’s vision, strategy, and business requirements manifest to users.
We strive to build a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. As a User Experience Designer, you will:
- Develop and foster key cross-functional relationships across Knowable’s Product, Technology, Commercial (Sales & Marketing), and Client Service teams in partnership with Director of User Experience.
- Help define the research and design culture and processes that will enable Knowable to develop world class experiences for current and future users of Knowable technology.
- Make strategic user-experience decisions on our applications.
- Work with and create detailed requirements through user stories and user scenarios.
- Design user experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity mockups using Axure RP.
- Build rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and end users.
- Create design specifications for engineers to communicate final design direction.
- Identify usability issues by hosting focus groups, performing contextual inquiries, analyzing usage data and utilizing A/B testing.
- Stay on top of UX trends and looking for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous products or realms.
Successful candidates must be a good fit for Knowable’s unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each of the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, collaboration, technological savvy, and operating with/through a lean team (for people leaders: must be comfortable in a player/coach role.)
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education for this particular role:
- 3+ years of experience in user experience design.
- Exceptional talent for all aspects of user experience design spanning research, functional design, graphic design, motion design, and brand alignment.
- Portfolio with systematic and creative design thinking and deep understanding of UI/UX best practices.
- A data-driven approach to making design and product decisions.
- Recognize and predict user interaction models, including happy path and edge cases.
- Understanding of information design, information architecture, and data visualization principles.
- Excellent communication skills to sell your concepts.
- Experience integrating user experience development activities into agile software development methodologies.
- Legal eligibility to work in the United States.
- BA or BS
Above and Beyond:
- Strong brand management and execution skills.
- Collaborate and execute on content strategy.
- Partner and support corporate communication channels.
Travel of up to 15% required.
Knowable is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
For more info: https://www.knowabledata.com/