As the market leader in enterprise contracts intelligence, Knowable gives corporate clients revolutionary visibility into the relationships that govern their businesses. By converting archaic legal language into structured data, Knowable helps its clients find, search, organize, and analyze their contracts, providing - for the first time - portfolio level views of risks, obligations, and entitlements. As the world’s leader in contract data analytics, with more than 25 million contract data elements analyzed each quarter, Knowable combines proprietary machine learning tools with scalable facilities for human quality control that, together, enable a full contracts intelligence solution for the enterprise.
We are seeking a Senior Manager or Director, Financial Planning & Analysis to join our Accounting team based in one of our US offices. Join us!
Reporting to Knowable’s Global Controller, the Director of Corporate FP&A will lead a small team in all efforts to analyze both internal and external financial information to deliver actionable insights, support the buildup of operating plans to capitalize on opportunities, track progress, and recommend course corrections as necessary. This leader will play a key role in ensuring the best operational and financial decisions are being made while having a strong focus on strategic business planning support, cost optimization, historical performance analysis, and complex forecasting. With these key points in mind, this role is designed to provide high visibility across the senior management team and up through the Board of Directors.
In this role, you’ll build and develop a high-performing FP&A function and be part of enabling the infrastructure that can move this company forward. This will include building process and leveraging technology and efficiencies to stand up and maintain an FP&A function that moves at the pace we do! We're looking for someone with Saas experience who can truly advise, create, and run a new program.
In this role, you’ll gather information from multiple sources and across a matrixed FP&A organization, evaluate it, and abstract up from low-level information to action insights that drive decision making around operational and strategic topics.
- Make recommendations regarding the systems and data model structures that will enable the Company to derive the right level of insight from its managerial reporting.
- Define relevant financial metrics and develop the data and reporting infrastructure and process at the appropriate cadence allowing for actionable insights
- Communicate results and key insights/recommendations to senior business leaders and the Board of Directors
- Direct the reporting, analysis and interpretation of financial and operational data for senior management, to include cost analysis, ROI, capital budgeting and profitability analysis
- Develop, implement, and maintain procedures to improve efficiency of financial functions and accuracy of financial reporting. This includes the development of standard weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and reviews
- Build and manage the annual planning process
- Direct the development of 3-year plans, annual operating and capital budgets, and rolling corporate forecasts. Develop and manage financial planning strategies and follow up controls, comparisons, and recommendations relating to both short-term and long-term plans. Partner with the CEO, CFO, Global Controller and other business leaders
- Prepare financial models for external investors that provide the needed insight to evaluate Axiom’s performance
- Support financial analysis at the highest level to assist in the evaluation of potential investments, mergers and/or acquisitions, new products, and business opportunities
- 8-10+ years of relevant experience and a comfort and demonstrated success operating in late-stage growth company environments preferred
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes in complex, global organizations
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated success in building new processes from scratch and transforming processes, data, systems, and practices in complex, global, multi-stakeholder environments
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) and strong business acumen; ability to develop strong, trusted relationships at all levels within the organization
- Track record of hiring, managing, and developing high-performing finance teams focused not only on strong financial analysis but also exceptional and willing business partnership
- Strong facility with the Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint); experience with Hyperion, Workday, OpenAir, and other ERP systems ideal
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (or related field) required. MBA, CPA, or CFA preferred
- Legally eligible to work in the USA
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Knowable is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in the application process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
ISO STATEMENT FOR CANDIDATES APPLYING TO ROLES IN CHICAGO, BELFAST, OR WROCLAW:
As part of ISO certified organisation the candidate will be required to follow the policies and procedures on Information Security Management Systems in place at the Chicago, Belfast, and Wroclaw Centers of Excellence and globally at Axiom. The candidate will also be subject to the client’s policies and procedures and security requirements. As an employee of Axiom, you may have access to various company and client assets and will be required to maintain the level of security as identified for each asset.
SAN FRANCISCO FAIR CHANCE ORDINANCE STATEMENT FOR CANDIDATES APPLYING TO ROLES IN SAN FRANCISCO:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.