Who We Are:
As the market leader in enterprise contracts intelligence, Knowable gives corporate clients revolutionary visibility into the relationships that govern their businesses. By converting archaic legal language into structured data, Knowable helps its clients find, search, organize, and analyze their contracts, providing - for the first time - portfolio level views of risks, obligations, and entitlements. As the world’s leader in contract data analytics, with more than 25 million contract data elements analyzed each quarter, Knowable combines proprietary machine learning tools with scalable facilities for human quality control that, together, enable a full contracts intelligence solution for the enterprise.
We are seeking a Controller to join our Accounting team based in one of our US offices or remotely. Join us!
As a newly spun company that is now part of a joint venture, we are thrilled to embark on an exciting journey and we’re looking for a leader to help us design, implement, and run an accounting function.
We’re looking for a business-savvy accounting professional with a track record of airtight accounting as well as enterprise leadership who will build and run the accounting function as we transition into our new phase of growth. This will include assessing current practices, implementing new process, managing through potential systems migration, and building a lean, well-oiled, modern operation.
Reporting to the CFO, you’ll work cross-functionally with IT, ERP, HR, Sales, Delivery, and our current Finance teams to accomplish the above. If you join us, you’ll have the support you need to make to take this journey. The team is full of people who are savvy, innovative, passionate, smart, creative, diligent, and occasionally hilarious, and they’ll be with you every step of the way. Join us!
- Play a leadership role in our organization and understand the key aspects of our unique business model; understand performance beyond just the numbers; be an advisor and support our current performance as well as long-term strategic plans
- Oversee all aspects of the accounting area and ensure the month close is completed accurately per GAAP and within the monthly close cycle, including the preparation and review of all Balance Sheet account reconciliations and key accruals
- Ensure that company financial records & reports are maintained in compliance with company policies & US GAAP (accrual basis); Prepare monthly / quarterly draft financial statements, forecasts, account reconciliations & other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Review and improve key processes and implement news ones, including the order to pay process for improvements and compliance
- Transitioning financial data from one system to another
- Develop relationships across the organization; you’ll need to understand the needs of each function in order to be successful; install processes and controls without negatively impacting a strong growth culture
- Work cross-functionally with IT and Business teams to ensure that the systems of the company meet the needs of today and the future
- Manage the Accounting function (including AR, AP and Cash Application) and resolve daily Accounting queries
- Prepare and present monthly financial statement to management.
- Oversee preparation of SEC filing documents and participate in the company’s Disclosure Committee
- Ensure only valid expenses with proper management authorization are paid
- Review balance sheet account schedules & reconciliations
- Coordinate work relating to external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records
- 10+ years of direct accounting experience, ideally in a public company or consulting environment
- A proven track record in Accounting and a desire to bring best practices to a rapidly changing environment
- Experience in ERP design an implementation; depth in process and change management
- Intrinsic motivation and a passion for creating a world-class accounting function
- Ability to travel as needed, approximately 20%
- Experience supporting a Saas or Technology organization is not required but can only help
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; Master’s a plus
Knowable is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in the application process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
ISO STATEMENT FOR CANDIDATES APPLYING TO ROLES IN CHICAGO, BELFAST, OR WROCLAW:
As part of ISO certified organisation the candidate will be required to follow the policies and procedures on Information Security Management Systems in place at the Chicago, Belfast, and Wroclaw Centers of Excellence and globally at Axiom. The candidate will also be subject to the client’s policies and procedures and security requirements. As an employee of Axiom, you may have access to various company and client assets and will be required to maintain the level of security as identified for each asset.
SAN FRANCISCO FAIR CHANCE ORDINANCE STATEMENT FOR CANDIDATES APPLYING TO ROLES IN SAN FRANCISCO:
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.