Project Manager, Chicago
Knowable, a market leader in enterprise contracts intelligence driving value creation in corporate transactions, is seeking a Project Manager to join our team in Chicago.
Knowable is part of a new category of professional services firms and is the world's largest provider of tech-enabled legal, contracts, and compliance solutions for large enterprises. Knowable is pioneering change, innovation, and value in one of the world’s largest industries that has not yet fully yielded to innovation and modernization. Knowable is leveraging technology, developing talented project teams, and implementing process excellence to create usable, structured data for clients.
Our Event Driven Analytics (“EDA”) team handles complex, high-profile projects for Fortune 500 companies who are undergoing mergers, spin-offs, or legacy contract review. The EDA Project Management team is an industrious group of erstwhile lawyers and problem-solving wizards who have a passion for efficiency, technology, and, occasionally, karaoke.
We are looking for someone who shares our passion for changing the legal industry for the better and thrives in a fast-paced environment where you can truly have an impact. The ideal candidate will have worked for a consulting firm, financial services firm, or in the legal industry and will have experience on the front lines managing projects for external clients (ideally having worked physically on a client site). Previous experience managing a team will be crucial. To be successful in this role, one will need to have outstanding leadership skills, business acumen, and probably a healthy sense of humor.
This individual will manage, implement, and oversee large-scale, complex projects as well as multiple, smaller-scale projects for our Fortune 500 clients across a span of industries, with an emphasis on consumer, manufacturing, health & life sciences, and energy.
To accomplish these goals, the Project Manager will work directly with clients to ensure the success of our projects and lead internal teams to a successful outcome. This includes overseeing a robust team in a matrixed environment by providing coaching, feedback, performance reviews, and, of course, sage advice.
The Project Manager will also be the point of contact for internal Knowable stakeholders and will provide updates, track internal progress, and liaise with business teams regarding new projects and industry trends.
- Developing and managing a project plan, conducting resource planning, identifying risks and issues, and developing appropriate mitigation plans
- Proactively managing and monitoring execution of deliverables and status; managing critical path, dependencies, and contingencies
- Managing a team of Associates and Contract Analysts
- Working directly with the client to deliver results
- Ensuring the project stakeholders' expectations are understood and managed, and certifying that the project team follows all quality assurance processes
- Contributing to building Knowable’s proprietary Intellectual Property in the rapidly changing tech-enabled contract assessment business area.
- Operating within a collaborative environment with highly motivated colleagues and interacting with all parts of the business, including all corporate functions, such as marketing, finance, HR, & IT
- Working in conjunction with the Knowable solutions/commercial team, building client understanding, confidence, and enthusiastic acceptance for proposed solutions, resulting in Knowable winning the proposed work
This position will be based in Chicago and the individual in this role will be expected to travel based on the needs of the business.
Successful candidates must be fits for Knowable’s unique operating environment and culture: high-growth, innovative, lean, and values-driven. As such, successful candidates must be highly capable in each of the following dimensions (among others): adaptability, curiosity, resourcefulness, analytical thinking/problem solving, proactivity, collaboration, technological savvy, and operating with/through a lean team (for people leaders: must be comfortable in a player/coach role.)
Beyond these characteristics, here are the required skills, knowledge, capabilities, and education for this particular role:
- Ideally 2-3 years of client service and problem-solving leadership in a dynamic environment
- Significant project management experience and meticulous attention to detail
- Relentless focus on client needs and desire to consistently raise the bar on service excellence
- Superb time management, judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Thrives in both individual and collaborative team environments
- Expert high-impact communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint and Excel; MS Project experience highly recommended; Experience with JIRA Suite preferred
- Organizational fit for the Knowable culture and values
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
- JD preferred
- MBA and/or LPC/IPLS preferred
- PMP preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
As a member of an ISO Compliant center, the candidate will be required to follow the policies and procedures on Information Security Management System in place at the Chicago Center and globally at Knowable. As a member of the Knowable team, the applicant will have access to various company and client assets and will be required to maintain the level of security as identified for each asset.
Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities: Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Axiom will attempt to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who require an accommodation to participate in the application process. To request an accommodation to complete the application form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line.
ISO STATEMENT FOR CANDIDATES APPLYING TO ROLES IN CHICAGO, BELFAST, OR WROCLAW:
As part of ISO certified organisation the candidate will be required to follow the policies and procedures on Information Security Management Systems in place at the Chicago, Belfast, and Wroclaw Centers of Excellence and globally at Axiom. The candidate will also be subject to the client’s policies and procedures and security requirements. As an employee of Axiom, you may have access to various company and client assets and will be required to maintain the level of security as identified for each asset.