As the market leader in enterprise contracts intelligence, Knowable gives corporate clients revolutionary visibility into the relationships that govern their businesses. By converting archaic legal language into structured data, Knowable helps its clients find, search, organize, and analyze their contracts, providing - for the first time - portfolio level views of risks, obligations, and entitlements. As the world’s leader in contract data analytics, with more than 25 million contract data elements analyzed each quarter, Knowable combines proprietary machine learning tools with scalable facilities for human quality control that, together, enable a full contracts intelligence solution for the enterprise.
We are seeking a Legal Expert to join our Wrocław office. Come be a part of it!
- Provide legal support for our corporate transactional projects business. This includes providing practical legal advice and support on business matters in a fast-paced environment & working directly with business clients, providing both sound guidance and practical solutions
- Review and train others on a wide range of commercial agreements such as vendor, procurement, sales & service agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and licensing, distribution, and manufacturing agreements (to name a few!)
- Utilize substantive commercial transactional knowledge to drive process improvements within the projects offering
- Have an appetite for innovation, driving efficiencies by developing playbooks, templates, and use of contract management systems
- Handle legal escalations; this requires a deep understanding of the legal landscape & the practice area of commercial transactions as well as the gravitas to advise clients
- Communicate with complex counterparties during outreach; obtain resources to help the team perform; identify and resolve basic problems
- Develop and provide training to our contract teams comprised of legal professionals to upskill teams on commercial contracts & the diligence process
- Participate in early-stage sales activities, which are led by the Axiom Practice Management team, as an advisor and practitioner within our Contract Projects team broadly
- Provide expertise in Contract Services for US based and International clients, and work with Axiom Practice Management team, building client understanding, confidence, and enthusiastic acceptance for proposed solutions, resulting in Axiom winning proposed work.
- The position will be resident in Wroclaw Centre of Excellence, but will interact extensively with Knowable’s Global Client Service organization.
- 4-6 years combined experience in law firm and/or in-house legal department including experience negotiating and drafting technology license/Internet service agreements, professional services agreements, and other general commercial contracts. Additional experience handling complex corporate transactions (including M&A and due diligence for large public companies) preferred, but not required
- An ideal candidate would have experience as an in-house counsel in a US based international company, extensive experience with handling non-Polish contracts, deep understanding of international contracting principles
- Expert level understanding of online review tools and software systems, including Relativity. Excel, & PowerPoint a plus
- A robust deal sheet with a mix of transactions working with public and private companies
- Possess prior management experience and/or solid business acumen
- Superb time management, judgment, decision-making and problem solving skills; a sense of humor probably won’t hurt
- Relentless focus on client needs & desire to consistently raise the bar on service excellence
Our ideal candidate should also have:
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-based and demanding work environment
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients
- Familiarity with, or willingness to learn, technical concepts in Web applications
- Sound and practical business judgment
- Law degree Required