The General Manager sits at the intersection of growth, operations and business excellence as the principal leader for the North America market. Reporting to the COO, s/he will own the P&L for Knotel’s largest market, build and scale a world-class team, and drive in-market growth. The General Manager will be a key external face of Knotel in North America and will grow the market through serving enterprises, brokerages & landlords that are increasingly turning to flex to fulfill their office needs.
What You’ll Do
- Own the financial and operational results for the North American markets
- Serve as a business development leader, targeting new revenue sources and growth within the market
- Develop and maintain KPIs that drive the team toward goals of revenue generation, expansion, and tight operations
- Develop new product offerings that are responsive to changing market conditions to achieve revenue diversification, and lead local implementation
- Own all business operations, budgeting and administrative activities to drive high value performance and an efficient, lean operating model
- Oversee the operations that support a distributed workforce that spans multiple roles and diverse geographies throughout the market
- Establish a trust-based partnership with Knotel’s leadership and HQ team where you will design, implement and manage business operations to achieve local market goals
- Drive market expansions and launches into new cities across North America
- Grow revenue and market share to meet assigned market growth goals
- Develop, monitor & maintain processes and teams that deliver a best in class service and customer experience
- Hire, train, manage, and develop in-market revenue and operations leaders
- Promote a metrics-driven culture, with the development of consistent approaches to setting performance targets, forecasting and ongoing performance improvement
Who You Are
You’re a proven leader with a track record of scaling businesses and managing a large P&L, building strong teams and doing whatever it takes to move the business forward. You enjoy setting strategic priorities but aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty. Your ideal role is a blend of operations and strategy. You’re excited to build and scale a market. You also have the following:
- 10-15 years of experience with a proven ability to manage high performing teams, previous consulting and/or startup experience highly preferred
- Lateral thinker who will find creative ways to hit ambitious growth targets
- Analytical and data-driven decision-making mentality
- Ability to thrive in ambiguous work environments with moving targets
- Have hands-on operations leadership experience and with managing a workforce with roles that vary in complexity and support requirements
- Have exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to project professional competence, leadership capability, and personal maturity
- Are charismatic with excellent presentation skills and the ability to own external relationships with key executive stakeholders under minimal supervision
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace platform that matches, tailors and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 5 million square feet across 200 locations in four continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where people of any race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law can do their best work and fly their flag. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives further outlined here.