Working alongside our Director of Finance and Senior Accountant, the Staff Accountant will be in charge of maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with close processes and maintaining accounts payable documentation for Knotel UK & other Knotel growing entities in Europe. He/She will also be assisting the accounting manager as needed and respond to information requests by management and for auditing purposes. He/She will be encouraged to propose new solutions, new processes and new changes as Knotel is growing while He/She will always be encouraged to be consistent with having great organizational and analytical skills. This is a part-time position of 2-3 days per week.
What You’ll Do
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and General Ledger accounts.
- Preparing the Customer invoices based on the contract
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, an account reconciliations and assisting with Monthly close processes.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and treasury and conducting internal audits.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensuring compliance with UK-GAAP, IFRS and US-GAAP
- Assisting the accounting manager as needed
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- 3+years of accounting experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good Knowledge of GAAP
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Good problem-solving and time management skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- A second language such as German or French is a plus
- Knowledge of Oracle Netsuite is strongly preferred
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace platform that matches, tailors and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 5 million square feet across 200 locations in four continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where people of any race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law can do their best work and fly their flag. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives further outlined here.