The Purchasing Associate will be an integral member of our Finance team and will coordinate all purchasing and logistics for our construction project sites. S/he/they will work cross-departmentally with our design, supply chain, project management, customer experience, and logistics teams while helping Knotel achieve its company objective to rapidly scale operations and the department goal to improve the purchasing process.
What You’ll Do
- Support project management, design, and construction teams by managing purchasing & logistics for site-specific projects
- Place accurate and timely purchases that align with our vendor payment terms and manage the procurement process from placement to delivery
- Liaise between procurement and project management team in defining bulk quantity already on order vs current project need and placing any additional orders as necessary
- Maintain record of Purchase Orders and serve as point-person on product availability, open order shipping timelines and any issues with shipments
- Think critically and analytically about how to leverage our data to support scalable and efficient processes within the supply chain function
Who You Are
You are a natural problem-solver with a bias towards action and exceptionally high standards for organizing your work. You possess a high-level of ownership, accountability, and initiative. You pick up new skills quickly and have an exceptional attention to detail with demonstrated experience in working with a team in a fast-paced environment, coordinating logistics, and/or balancing multiple projects and timelines. You also have the following:
- 2+ years, or equivalent experience, in purchasing and/or logistics function. Bonus points for experience in commercial real estate.
- Experience contacting vendors, placing purchase orders, and/or reviewing vendor contracts
- Experience working directly with accounts payable
- Strong verbal and written communication required to liaise with multiple departments and vendors
- Solid foundation of business intelligence and best financial practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with ability to prioritize effectively
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva and Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.