Working alongside our Global Markets team, the London Head of Architecture and Design will help define the future development of Knotel’s agile design initiatives in London. As a leader in the design industry, you will help provide an elevated approach to workplace interiors that is able to adapt and support our ever-evolving client demographic. You will be part of a team that is responsible for developing and implementing new design concepts and standards for Knotel’s workplaces.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the continued design development of Knotel’s Interior Design and Branded Environments internal processes and prospective member offerings for London
- Build a high-performance team effectively through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring
- Oversee the creation of client design briefs to ensure that they meet Knotel’s design standards
- Develop systems and processes capable of supporting domestic and global business goals that improve KPIs
- Develop and leverage strong professional relationships with Knotel’s Real Estate, Growth, Project Management, and Customer Experience Teams
Who You Are
You’re a leader on all fronts and you aren’t afraid to dive into details while keeping a big-picture view. You maintain exceptionally high standards for your work and environment, always looking for better ways of doing things. Beyond your technical expertise, you’re passionate about the evolution of workspaces and want to leverage your design expertise to innovate on how we furnish culture-coded spaces that meet the unique needs of our members. You thrive in environments where you’re expected to come up with solutions on the fly and can handle any issues that come up along a project lifecycle without losing sight of the end goal. You also have the following:
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- 10+ years experience in interior design and architecture for retail, workplace or hospitality projects
- 3+ years hiring and managing a group of designers
- Experience designing processes and/or implementing enterprise applications to support global supply chain operations
- Vendor negotiation and management experience; you know how to manage vendor negotiations professionally and successfully
- Ability to communicate design with hand sketches/drawing and skilled in the visual, written and verbal communication of design issues
- Expert knowledge of industry trends in workplace design
- Proficiency in Sketchup, CAD, and REVIT
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva and Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.