Knotel is looking for an Accounting Manager to play a key role in building a scalable infrastructure with strong internal controls. This is a full-time role reporting directly to the Senior Accounting Manager and will manage and mentor a two direct reports. S/he will work cross-departmentally to develop good habits within the team and globally across the company for relevant, concise, accurate, and timely knowledge sharing.
Successful members of the Knotel team embrace curiosity, integrity, hospitality and tenacious problem-solving. Speed bumps are seen as opportunities to showcase one's skill. As a fast-growing startup, the ability to create and adhere to scalable processes with strong controls and juggle multiple priorities is a must. Prior experience in a high-growth, multi-currency and/or public company is highly desired.
Cover letters are required to be submitted with your application.
Supervisory & Collaborative:
- Own A/P and payments processes, including ensuring accurate coding, streamlining, reviewing account reconciliations and expense analytics
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop efficient, accurate accruals
- Ensure necessary documentation received for new vendors and maintain profile updates
- Mentor and develop team and ensure adequate cross-training and documentation
- Partner with colleagues across the company and within the team to implement and integrate new and optimize existing systems
- Provide requests for internal and external audits as well as annual tax filings
- Ensure accurate 1099 processing and reporting
- Ensure month end close deadlines are met
- Own T&E and corporate card reimbursement processes and programs
- Document and maintain standard operating procedures and controls policy manuals
- Develop reporting; proactively providing value-added analysis and metrics
The Ideal Candidate
- 6-10 years related experience, with at least 2 years of proven success managing a small team
- ERP experience (Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, Intacct, Workday, etc.) and strong Excel skills
- Strong knowledge of Accounting best practices
- A passion for and experience leveraging systems and driving process improvements
- High energy level with a hands-on approach
Who You Are
You are a “numbers person” and a “people person” who thrives on continuous improvement, collaborating across the company and building scalable processes with strong controls. You’re a kind leader, applying constant, gentle pressure to build a high-performing team.
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva and Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.