Reporting to the Senior Director of Global People Operations, the Senior Manager, People Operations Business Partner, UK/EMEA will be a strategic thought partner around all people-related matters. As the first point of contact for UK/EMEA employees, s/he must be well versed in both high-level strategy and day-to-day tactical advice. They will be immersed with the global teams and be a critical link between them and the wider People team in HQ, ensuring consistent execution of People Ops programs. This hands-on role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal support and driving People Ops functional excellence and process improvement.
What You’ll Do
- Partner closely with leaders to drive local People strategy; you will focus on employee relations, performance management, talent movement, and organizational design, among others!
- Liaise with HQ People Ops team to ensure consistent roll-out of global programs and initiatives
- Partner with leadership to drive the local culture and be a bridge between the local and global Knotel teams
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues with the utmost discretion by conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations. Provide sound HR advice and judgment on all people-related matters.
- Provide subject matter expertise on UK/EMEA employment laws and their application to the day-to-day management of employees.
- Own all internal Health and Safety requirements for UK/EMEA, including trainings as necessary.
- Work closely with leaders and managers to improve culture and communication, build high engagement and increase productivity and retention rates
- Coach leaders and managers on talent and succession planning and how best to motivate and challenge all their teams to drive a high output organization
Who You Are
You are passionate about people and building HR systems, processes and programs that help create a positive, engaged and high output workforce. You’ve cut your teeth in People Ops in a fast-paced organization and you’re eager to challenge yourself and take on more responsibility in a growing global company.
You also have the following:
- 5-10 years of relevant or transferrable experience in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Excellent people relations skills
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices in UK/EMEA
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent negotiation and influence skills
- Strong cross-functional leadership and communications skills
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva and Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.