The Asset Manager will be responsible for managing specific assets within Knotel’s global portfolio of properties. S/he will drive strategic initiatives that help Knotel increase revenue, improve efficiency, and scale operational excellence. The asset manager will perform asset management functions including: owner’s representative decision making, advising the leasing team, property management, and reporting. Additional responsibilities include developing budgets, answering operational and financial questions from internal departments, and developing relationships and resolving issues with Landlords (where Knotel leases the asset). Knotel’s team embraces curiosity, integrity, hospitality and tenacious problem-solving, and the Manager will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze issues related to a property’s performance and make recommendations.
- Review the portfolio for ways to add value through renovation or repositioning of the asset.
- Create and/or review operating budgets, verifying assumptions, understanding value drivers, and comparing to underwriting.
- Create reports for senior management with operations and financial information including providing future cash flow projections, updating business plans, comparing results to budget and underwriting, understanding deviations, and identifying opportunities to improve performance.
- Maintain and monitor property management activity and reporting schedules.
- Coordinate the transition of newly acquired properties into the company’s systems.
- Coordinate insurance purchase and annual renewals, understanding coverages and confirming compliance with portfolio/third party requirements.
- Advise and support the leasing department as needed.
- Communicate with landlords regarding property issues and negotiate their resolution.
- Oversee TI collection process under lease terms.
- Establish best-in-class asset management practices and processes.
Who You Are
You are a results-driven professional with the ability to make sound business decisions. You have in expertise portfolio management and are comfortable diving deep into general building requirements. You appreciate that “done” is better than “perfect” and find entrepreneurial ways to persevere through obstacles. You operate cross-functionally, but still move fast to get things done. You believe in the vision of Knotel while striving for continuous and ongoing operational improvements to operate the best headquarters for our members. You also have the following:
- 5-7 years of experience managing real estate portfolios
- A strong quantitative background including excellent Excel modeling skills, coupled with attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizations skills and the ability to process multiple concurrent projects
- A working understanding of standard real estate legal documents such as leases and management agreements
Knotel empowers companies to be their most productive by providing tailored, responsive spaces that flex to meet their evolving needs.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 100 locations across more than 2 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit Knotel.com to learn more.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.