Knotel is looking for a self-motivated, dynamic attorney to join our growing legal team as Senior Legal Counsel, UK and Europe. In this role you will be the primary liaison to the US-based Legal Team responsible for supporting Knotel’s rapid expansion efforts in the United Kingdom and Europe. This is a generalist position requiring a thorough understanding of Knotel’s multifaceted business and oversight over various legal workstreams, including property-acquisition, sales, marketing, operations, corporate, employment, privacy and data protection. You will report to the General Counsel.
What You’ll Do
- Provide practical legal advice to ongoing business functions in the United Kingdom and Europe, with an emphasis on scaling our property acquisition and enterprise sales transactions in existing markets.
- Oversee the legal and compliance framework of Knotel’s launch into new markets whether by organic or inorganic (e.g. corporate development) means.
- Collaborate in the continuing development of a scalable business-centric “machine” to draft, negotiate and administer various enterprise sales, partnerships, vendor, licensing, and other complex agreements, using your experience to help define business terms and structure deals in a way that drives Knotel's growth.
- Advise various Knotel teams on a full range of issues related to intellectual property, privacy, and data security in compliance with applicable local laws.
- Work on various matters with market-based General Managers and cross-disciplinary teams (including property, growth, operations and finance), and advise on relevant legal issues and risks, complex agreement structures, approval processes, and company policies and procedures
- Liaise with senior US-based attorneys on implications of UK and European business activities on the broader corporate organization and support their risk management efforts.
- Engage and manage outside counsel for subject matter areas or jurisdictional questions that require particular expertise.
Who You Are
You are a self-motivated business attorney with a product driven mindset. You’re excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business and this role is exciting to you because you want to scale and improve internal process, policies and products at high growth company. You pride yourself on being an independent and strategic player who can act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making. You’re detail-oriented, excel at communicating complex issues to business leaders succinctly and persuasively, and are able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs. You also have the following:
- 6-8 years’ experience at a top law firm or in-house, with a transactional focus in corporate, commercial and/or technology-related matters.
- Experience with real estate matters is a plus but not required
- Have a JD from a top accredited law school and exceptional academic credentials
- Qualified to practice law in the United Kingdom in good standing, with additional qualifications in EU jurisdictions a plus
- London location is preferred, Berlin will be considered as an alternative location.
Knotel empowers companies to be their most productive by providing tailored, responsive spaces that flex to meet their evolving needs.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 100 locations across more than 2 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit Knotel.com to learn more.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.