Working within the Launch Department, the Environmental Graphic Designer will be charged with designing unique environmental experiences in our San Francisco spaces. S/he will develop creative and strategic solutions to enhance the brand experience of our physical spaces. The Designer must have a passion for developing exceptional graphic, industrial, and experiential design, both static and dynamic. They must have a strong understanding of how size, scale, color, proportion, materiality, and finish are appropriate for a variety of interior and exterior environmental solutions.
This unique position requires a self-starting innovative creative thinker who pays close attention to art direction and extension, typography and legibility, brand stewardship, and multi-dimensional design development and implementation. Design assignments may include the integration of digital media and the development of digital content.
Knotel’s team embraces curiosity, integrity, hospitality and tenacious problem-solving, and the Environmental Graphic Designer will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Design graphics, branded environment, and signage that connect people to place
- Collaborate with architects, designers, and clients on all aspects of the design process
- Conduct research and generate multiple initial concepts to help solve a variety of problems for our clients
- Integrate messaging, color, imagery, type and composition into two and three-dimensional built environments
Who You Are
You already know you thrive at a start ups and you want to take your design experience to the next level at a fast growing and mission driven company. You love making beautiful things, but you are equally excited about developing and and rolling out scalable systems.
- Minimum 3-6 years in corporate identity and environmental design experience
- Experience in application of Wayfinding Strategy and Signage Packages
- Firm knowledge of: Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop; Microsoft Office Suite; Sketchup or other graphic design modeling software; Presentation software such as PowerPoint or Keynote.
- Knowledge of / interest in learning: Sign Agent Pro, CAD, Revit
- Experience designing to local / national signage codes and ordinances
- Strong design aesthetic and typography skills
- Effective written, visual, verbal and presentation communication skills (internal team and client-facing)
With over 3 million square feet across 200 locations in New York, San Francisco, London, Los Angeles, Berlin, Brazil and Paris, Knotel is transforming the way we work with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for enterprises, so that business leaders can focus on building the future.
Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding, and was named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, HotelTonight, and Omnicom. To learn more, visit knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.