Working alongside our Lead Interior Designer, the Project Interior Designer will be charged with designing many of our new office spaces from start to finish. S/he will be responsible for preparing design presentations including sketches and material boards, leading design conversations in client meetings, working drawings including construction details, millwork details, and specifications. You will be the champion of Knotel's design capabilities and will clearly manage client projects from conception through execution. For a sneak peak of some Knotel spaces, see here.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Design Lead to define and maintain an on-brand project aesthetic appropriate to specific Knotel & member needs
- Collaborate with cross functional teams at Knotel in owning the entire interior design scope for new fit-outs
- Work on multiple client projects at a single time.
- Communicate regularly with the sales team in providing tailored solutions for clients needs
- Identify and select products and vendors that meet brand standards.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external team members throughout the design process
- Research new, innovative ways to shape our workspaces in the future
Who You Are
You are a keen, eager learner who turns every experience into a growth opportunity. You are someone who wants to become a master of design in New York, and you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty while doing it. You maintain exceptionally high standards for your work and environment, always looking for better ways of doing things. You would never say that something “isn’t your job”, and you know how to balance hustle with poise in the way you conduct yourself. You also have the following:
- Practical experience in high-end Hospitality, Residential, Commercial and/or Retail Interior Design
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field
- Excellent sketching and conceptual design skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, verbal, listening and written; including client presentation skills
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva and Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where people of any race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law can do their best work and fly their flag. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives further outlined here.