As part of our Legal Team, the Real Estate Counsel will be a key player in negotiating a variety of real estate and construction agreements to help grow Knotel's global footprint. Knotel continues to expand and the Real Estate Counsel will ensure we meet the demands of our rapidly growing property portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with our Real Estate and Architecture and Construction teams to execute leases, management agreements and other property transactions (including acquisitions) domestically and abroad
- Advise on novel deal structures to accelerate our growth
- Create internal systems and processes to facilitate efficient document negotiations and contract compliance
- Manage and train outside counsel to optimize efficiency
- Work with internal teams and external parties to resolve property level disputes
- Draft and review leases, amendments, renewals, commencement date agreements, estoppels, SNDAs and other related documents
Who You Are
You have an entrepreneurial spirit and process-driven mindset. You’re excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business and this role is exciting to you because you want to build and improve internal process, policies and products at high growth company. You pride yourself on your judgement and ability to act decisively in situations requiring quick but thorough analysis and decision-making. You’re detail-oriented, have strong organizational and communication skills, and are able to prioritize and re-prioritize based on changing business needs. You also have the following:
- Have a JD from a top accredited law school
- Have 3-5 years experience in commercial real estate transactions, ideally at a top law firm (in-house experience a plus)
- Are a member in good standing of the New York bar, or eligible to register as in-house counsel in New York
With over 3 million square feet across 200 locations in New York, San Francisco, London, Los Angeles, Berlin, Brazil and Paris, Knotel is transforming the way we work with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for enterprises, so that business leaders can focus on building the future.
Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding, and was named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, HotelTonight, and Omnicom. To learn more, visit knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.