The Project Architect will analyze spaces and apply Knotel’s standards for design and architecture. They will navigate building codes and help shape the direction of Knotel’s physical spaces throughout New York City. They will work on many stages of numerous projects, from developing schematic design to managing outside consultant relationships, along with construction documentation of our new spaces from start to finish. The Project Architect will work closely with other members of Knotel’s staff which expose them to real estate leasing and negotiating; as well as construction budgeting, scheduling, and build out. Knotel’s team embraces curiosity, integrity, hospitality and tenacious problem-solving, and the Project Architect will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Knotel’s internal teams including: real estate, project management, workplace strategy, branding, and interior design
- Utilize Knotel’s unique workplace strategy into new and existing spaces, while understanding architectural principles
- Work collaboratively with internal and external team members throughout the design and construction process
- Research new and innovative ways to shape our workspaces in the future
Who You Are
You are a keen, eager learner who turns every experience into a growth opportunity. You maintain exceptionally high standards for your work and environment, always looking for better ways of doing things. You would never say that something “isn’t your job,” and you know how to balance hustle with poise in the way you conduct yourself. You also have the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- 4+ years post-grad experience in the architecture field preferred
- Ability to solve and manage any issues that may arise during the entire project, from the signing of a lease to the new opening
- Excellent proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
- Strong time management skills (will be required to handle a number of projects simultaneously)
- Communication skills
Knotel is the world’s leading flexible workspace provider that gets, fits, fills and manages space for customers. Knotel caters to established and growing companies, giving them the freedom to focus on their business, culture, and people. With over 4 million square feet across 200 locations in three continents, Knotel is transforming commercial real estate and moving companies forward.
Knotel was founded in 2016 by Amol Sarva and Edward Shenderovich to give businesses the flexibility and speed to scale on their own terms. All Knotel spaces are tailored to the needs of each individual company by an in-house team of architects, interior designers, and workplace strategists. For more information, please visit www.knotel.com.
Our Core Values
- Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
- Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
- Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
- Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
- “Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
- Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.