The Project Architect will analyze spaces and apply Knotel’s standards for design and architecture. They will navigate building codes and help shape the direction of Knotel’s physical spaces throughout New York City. They will work on many stages of numerous projects, from developing schematic design to managing outside consultant relationships, along with construction documentation of our new spaces from start to finish. The Project Architect will work closely with other members of Knotel’s staff which expose them to real estate leasing and negotiating; as well as construction budgeting, scheduling, and build out. Knotel’s team embraces curiosity, integrity, hospitality and tenacious problem-solving, and the Project Architect will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Knotel’s internal teams including: real estate, project management, workplace strategy, branding, and interior design
- Utilize Knotel’s unique workplace strategy into new and existing spaces, while understanding architectural principles
- Work collaboratively with internal and external team members throughout the design and construction process
- Research new and innovative ways to shape our workspaces in the future
Who You Are
You are a keen, eager learner who turns every experience into a growth opportunity. You maintain exceptionally high standards for your work and environment, always looking for better ways of doing things. You would never say that something “isn’t your job,” and you know how to balance hustle with poise in the way you conduct yourself. You also have the following:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- 4+ years post-grad experience in the architecture field preferred
- Ability to solve and manage any issues that may arise during the entire project, from the signing of a lease to the new opening
- Excellent proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
- Strong time management skills (will be required to handle a number of projects simultaneously)
- Communication skills
With over 3 million square feet across 200 locations in New York, San Francisco, London, Los Angeles, Berlin, Brazil and Paris, Knotel is transforming the way we work with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for enterprises, so that business leaders can focus on building the future.
Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $160 million in funding, and was named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, HotelTonight, and Omnicom. To learn more, visit knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away - Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes - Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable - Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…” - Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance - No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.