The short & sweet summary
Knoetic has a massively ambitious vision to guide every People & HR decision a company will ever make.
It seems crazy until you see the product in action. Here’s just a small sample of innovative companies that use Knoetic: Amobee, Snyk, Figma, Calm, Curology, Ro, and more.
We recently raised an $18M Series A lead by Accel with participation from thought leaders such as NYT bestselling author Adam Grant, product leaders such as Bradley Horowitz, Gokul Rajaram, Hiten Shah, Shreyas Doshi, and dozens of leading Chief People Officers, founders, and executives.
We’re hiring a Senior Marketing Manager to drive our growth by building our product marketing and content marketing engines.
What you’ll be doing
At Knoetic, we like to be thoughtful and we like to move fast. It’s okay to make mistakes and missteps as long as you learn from them and share your learnings with the team. As a Senior Marketing Manager, you’ll spearhead the generation of inbound leads for our Analytics software.
Within your first week, you will:
- On-board and learn more about the company’s mission, culture, and values. You’ll write a user manual and a Professional Development Plan outlining exactly how you want to grow professionally over the next 2-3 years.
- Meet everyone that you’ll work with! Relationships are important at Knoetic and we give you the time & space to meet everyone at the company.
- Become an expert in our product and understand all the tools we use to be successful.
Within your first month, you will:
- Spend time understanding our customers, their use cases, and personas.
- Get plugged into our existing Sales and Marketing processes and work on standardizing key messaging and content.
- Develop a plan for where to take our product and content marketing.
At three months, you’re fully ramped! You will:
- Create effective communications strategies that articulate Knoetic's core benefits, and continually test, track, and report on results.
- Consistently produce high-quality content (including articles, white papers, blogs, emails, case studies, etc.) that drive inbound interest in Knoetic's offerings.
- Project-manage all feature launches and external communications.
- Own product adoption and growth of our Analytics product. You will know the right leading indicators and work alongside Customer Success to ensure customers learn about and use all software features.
- Be a thought-leader and standard-setter on messaging and positioning at Knoetic.
What we’re looking for
- You have 5+ years of experience with at least 3+ years of product or content marketing experience for a B2B company.
- You are an outstanding storyteller and can convey complex ideas in accessible ways - your writing is succinct and polished, and you have an eye for design.
- You work fast, are detail-oriented, and execute projects to 100%.
- You have a strong business acumen. You understand our main levers and how these drive our key business objectives.
- You have a demonstrated ability to work effectively with technical teams on the product roadmap, feature-scoping, and launches.
- You are data-driven and inform your decision-making with research, testing, metrics, and user input.
- You are a fiercely independent marketing jack-of-all-trades, and you’ll do what it takes to get something done -- whether it’s creating content, drafting email messaging, doing user interviews, designing tests, overseeing SEO, or building a playbook.
The key attributes we value in teammates:
- You like to win. You don’t want a trophy for effort, you want it for first place.
- You’re high IQ, intellectually curious, and intellectually humble. You’re not afraid to say, “I don’t know - but I’ll figure it out, fast.”
- You never say, “that’s not my job.” You take full ownership and responsibility over outcomes. You’re a force of nature that gets the job done no matter what it takes.
- You make everyone else on the team better. Your presence, positivity, and drive inspires others to step up their game. You put the company above your own wants.
- You’re known for your work ethic. You pride yourself on being one of the hardest-working person most people know.
- You’re constantly improving. You know there’s no such thing as perfection, and you’re always pushing yourself (and our company) to be better than you were yesterday.
- You’re just good. You’re honest, principled, smart, open to giving/receiving feedback, and focused on doing right for the company and doing right for the customer.
- You’re incredibly ambitious and want to build the #1 company in this space, without exception.
- You make excellent use of GIFs!
- The standard stuff: competitive salary and benefits (including fun perks for lifelong learners, like a $2,500 learning budget!)
- Knoetic's cultural values resonate deeply with you (see below)
Knoetic’s cultural values
Written by our founder in 2020.
Intellectual curiosity: I want to surround myself with people who are endlessly curious, who are always asking questions, who are fascinated with understanding others and the world around them. We’re the kids who grew up always asking “Why?”
Intellectual humility: I want to work with people who embrace the scientific method, who go into conversations with an open mind and ear, who are looking for ways to sharpen their thinking, who are delighted to find out when they’re wrong rather than invested in defending why they’re right.
Relentless resourcefulness: Our company should be full of people who will run through walls to get to their goals, who will bring more solutions than problems to others, who will figure out a way to succeed no matter what.
Winning: People who thrive here will only settle for our company being #1. They can only live with themselves if we own the top spot. Second place is last place.
Positive impact on others: There are people, who by the very virtue of their presence, make everyone else around them a better person. It could be because they have unwaveringly high standards. Or are incredible givers that inspire generosity. Or are teachers of their peers. However they do it, they push others upwards. They are culture accretive; their very presence makes everyone else step up their game.
Positivity. You know it when you see it - can-do, optimistic. That doesn’t mean everyone doesn’t have down moments - it just means on balance, you walk away from your interactions with them energized and charged up to do more with your life.
Continuous improvement: We’re always making ourselves better. Stasis is the enemy… if you’re not going forwards, you’re going backwards. Everything is a work-in-progress in perpetuity - yourself included.