The short & sweet summary
Knoetic has a massively ambitious vision to guide every People & HR decision a company will ever make.
It seems crazy until you see the product in action. Here’s just a small sample of innovative companies that use Knoetic: Amobee, Snyk, Figma, Calm, Curology, Ro, and more.
We recently raised an $18M Series A lead by Accel with participation from thought leaders such as NYT bestselling author Adam Grant, product leaders such as Bradley Horowitz, Gokul Rajaram, Hiten Shah, Shreyas Doshi, and dozens of leading Chief People Officers, founders, and executives.
We’re hiring a Senior Product Designer to help us bring a truly delightful user experience to Knoetic. In this role, you’ll contribute to the designs for our “knowledge engine”, and work with the product & design team on our design system.
What you’ll be doing
At Knoetic, we like to be thoughtful and we like to move fast. It’s okay to make mistakes and missteps as long as you learn from them and share your learnings with the team. As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll spearhead the design for one of our core product pillars (either the analytics platform or the CPOHQ community).
Within your first week, you will:
- On-board and learn more about the company’s mission, culture, and values. You’ll write a user manual and a Professional Development Plan outlining exactly how you want to grow professionally over the next 2-3 years.
- Meet everyone that you’ll work with! Relationships are important at Knoetic and we give you the time & space to meet everyone at the company.
- Become an expert in our product and understand all the tools we use to be successful within design.
Within your first month, you will:
- Spend time understanding our customers, their use cases, and their user experiences.
- Get plugged into our ideation process and work with product on feature discovery and explorations.
- Work with your product and engineering team to ship your first feature! Remember, we like to move fast :)
At three months, you’re fully ramped! You will:
- Contribute to the foundation of our design system and collaborate closely with our other Senior Product Designer.
- Lead complex design projects where you’ll define the user experience and collaborate with the rest of Knoetic (and our customers!) via sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to get to the right solution.
Be a thought-leader and standard-setter on design at Knoetic. The user experience is important for us, and you’ll work with our founder/CEO and the design team to establish a true design-centric culture.
What we’re looking for
- You understand the impact of speed on the customer experience and you’re always looking at how we can move faster and faster
- You love using and building beautiful products. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but you have a strong opinion on what beauty looks like and the portfolio to back it up
- You are familiar with the product trio, and have collaborated with awesome trios in the past
- You have extensive product design experience, with a minimum of 3 years as a designer at leading tech companies, and you’re familiar with design tools such as Figma, Mural, Framer, InVision, or Sketch!
- You are a fiercely independent jack-of-all-trades, and you’ll do what it takes to get something done -- whether it’s leveraging your information architecture knowledge, doing some UX research & user interviews, prototyping, UX writing, or just showing off your visual design skills
- You have a people-centric design mentality. You care deeply about the user, and are constantly seeking to test and validate your ideas through user feedback and data
The key attributes we value in teammates:
- You like to win. You don’t want a trophy for effort, you want it for first place.
- You’re high IQ, intellectually curious, and intellectually humble. You’re not afraid to say, “I don’t know - but I’ll figure it out, fast.”
- You never say, “that’s not my job.” You take full ownership and responsibility over outcomes. You’re a force of nature that gets the job done no matter what it takes.
- You make everyone else on the team better. Your presence, positivity, and drive inspires others to step up their game. You put the company above your own wants.
- You’re known for your work ethic. You pride yourself on being one of the hardest-working person most people know.
- You’re constantly improving. You know there’s no such thing as perfection, and you’re always pushing yourself (and our company) to be better than you were yesterday.
- You’re just good. You’re honest, principled, smart, open to giving/receiving feedback, and focused on doing right for the company and doing right for the customer.
- You’re incredibly ambitious and want to build the #1 company in this space, without exception.
- You make excellent use of GIFs!
- The standard stuff: competitive salary and benefits (including fun perks for lifelong learners, like a $2,500 learning budget!)
- Knoetic's cultural values resonate deeply with you (see below)
Knoetic’s cultural values
Written by our founder in 2020.
Intellectual curiosity: I want to surround myself with people who are endlessly curious, who are always asking questions, who are fascinated with understanding others and the world around them. We’re the kids who grew up always asking “Why?”
Intellectual humility: I want to work with people who embrace the scientific method, who go into conversations with an open mind and ear, who are looking for ways to sharpen their thinking, who are delighted to find out when they’re wrong rather than invested in defending why they’re right.
Relentless resourcefulness: Our company should be full of people who will run through walls to get to their goals, who will bring more solutions than problems to others, who will figure out a way to succeed no matter what.
Winning: People who thrive here will only settle for our company being #1. They can only live with themselves if we own the top spot. Second place is last place.
Positive impact on others: There are people, who by the very virtue of their presence, make everyone else around them a better person. It could be because they have unwaveringly high standards. Or are incredible givers that inspire generosity. Or are teachers of their peers. However they do it, they push others upwards. They are culture accretive; their very presence makes everyone else step up their game.
Positivity. You know it when you see it - can-do, optimistic. That doesn’t mean everyone doesn’t have down moments - it just means on balance, you walk away from your interactions with them energized and charged up to do more with your life.
Continuous improvement: We’re always making ourselves better. Stasis is the enemy… if you’re not going forwards, you’re going backwards. Everything is a work-in-progress in perpetuity - yourself included.