Knock is on a mission to make homeownership simple and certain. Whether you are a homeowner looking to buy a new home before selling your current home or a first-time buyer, Knock offers fully digital end-to-end solutions that bring certainty, convenience and cost-savings to the often stressful and complicated process of homeownership. The Knock Home Swap™ empowers a customer to buy their new dream home before selling their old one. Knock GO™ (Guaranteed Offer) provides homebuyers with the best features of a cash offer in a competitive home loan to win the home they want without paying more.
Launched in 2015 by founding team members of Trulia.com, Knock has raised more than $600 million in debt and equity from top-tier investors, including RRE Ventures, Foundry Group, Redpoint, Greycroft, Corazon Capital, Correlation Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital and FJ Labs. The National Association of Realtors®, through its investment arm Second Century Ventures, is a strategic investor in Knock, giving its 1.5 million members the ability to market Knock's homeownership solutions to their clients. Knock currently operates in 72 markets nationwide and plans to be in over 100 markets by 2023.
- Knock offers a 100% remote work culture
- 100% employee covered medical, dental, & vision premiums for full time employees
- Unlimited PTO (2 week min. is highly encouraged) for full time employees
- $1,000 annually for professional development
- At least 6 weeks paid parental leave for full time employees
- Life, AD&D and Disability insurance for full time employees
- 401K (noncontributory by Knock) for all employees
- $75 monthly allowance for health & wellness
- Up to $400 monthly for a co-working space for eligible employees
- $100 monthly allowance for home internet, mobile phone or other communication devices
- $2,500 referral bonus for eligible employees
As an Underwriter you will underwrite mortgage loans and verify for completeness, accuracy, and compliance. You will do this while providing quick and accurate answers on multiple loan project guidelines simultaneously, and provide technical assistance and quality assurance on loan approvals.
- Rework loans to new terms and identify additional conditions as needed
- Accurately condition loan files based on the loan application and documentation provided
- Facilitate a call with the loan processor after every approval to review the conditions and answer questions, bridging the gap in communication between processing and underwriting that can cause delays in the file process
- Email updated conditional approval and loan status
- Efficiently and effectively process a pipeline of loans on a daily basis
- Understand and stay current with company policies, procedures, industry regulations and other changes that affect the industry and Knock
- Analyze highly complex financial and credit information according to underwriting standards
- Continually learn, grow, and expand your knowledge, while also supporting others learning experiences; act as a mentor and be a resource for others inside and outside of your team
- Take on ad-hoc projects as they arise & always be willing to support your team where they need you
Qualifications - You’ll Bring:
- Successful experience working as a Mortgage Loan Underwriter and knowledge of underwriting processes and lending systems
- Thorough understanding of Conventional (Fannie Mae) and FHA Loan Products
- You’re an analytical person and hold adept decision-making ability to make lending decisions and translate guidelines
- Organization skills to manage many competing priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced startup environment
- You are an over-communicator with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- You’re highly organized and successful managing multiple competing priorities at once
- Innate ability to learn new technology & ramp up your skills fast through self-learning, research, and asking the right questions
- Passion for Real Estate disruption & excitement to make an impact in people's lives
- You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced, changing, growth organization and are constructively outspoken with new ideas
- Prior knowledge of various loan products, credit reports, and debt-to-income ratios
- Belief in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team
- Education: High school or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- We encourage you to apply even if you don’t have every listed requirement
- Set up and constantly operate a computer
- Communicate and exchange accurate information to others via telephone or internet video applications
The candidate must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Our Compensation Philosophy: As a fully remote (U.S.-based) workforce, our goal is to ensure that all Knockstars are fairly compensated. Please note that the salary range information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act for Colorado applicants. The salary range estimate for this position is: $77,000.00 - $107,000.00 USD + incentive program (bonus).
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package & benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by factors including but not limited to years of experience, job level, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify this job description, employee perks, and benefits at any time. Employees eligible for bonus and/or commission will be provided details in the offer letter.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.
This position is in the continental United States.
PDF is our preferred format for resumes and any other attachments. Thank you!