Knock is on a mission to make homeownership simple and certain. Whether you are a homeowner looking to buy a new home before selling your current home or a first-time buyer, Knock offers fully digital end-to-end solutions that bring certainty, convenience and cost-savings to the often stressful and complicated process of homeownership. The Knock Home Swap™ empowers a customer to buy their new dream home before selling their old one. Knock GO™ (Guaranteed Offer) provides homebuyers with the best features of a cash offer in a competitive home loan to win the home they want without paying more.
Launched in 2015 by founding team members of Trulia.com, Knock has raised more than $600 million in debt and equity from top-tier investors, including RRE Ventures, Foundry Group, Redpoint, Greycroft, Corazon Capital, Correlation Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital and FJ Labs. The National Association of Realtors®, through its investment arm Second Century Ventures, is a strategic investor in Knock, giving its 1.5 million members the ability to market Knock's homeownership solutions to their clients. Knock currently operates in 72 markets nationwide and plans to be in over 100 markets by 2023.
- Knock offers a 100% remote work culture
- 100% employee covered medical, dental, & vision premiums for full time employees
- Unlimited PTO (2 week min. is highly encouraged) for full time employees
- $1,000 annually for professional development
- At least 6 weeks paid parental leave for full time employees
- Life, AD&D and Disability insurance for full time employees
- 401K (noncontributory by Knock) for all employees
- $75 monthly allowance for health & wellness
- Up to $400 monthly for a co-working space for eligible employees
- $100 monthly allowance for home internet, mobile phone or other communication devices
- $2,500 referral bonus for eligible employees
The Senior Full Stack Engineer will help us build our internal and customer-facing web applications such as Knock.com and the platforms supporting our large (and growing!) network of agents and internal teams.
- Build and maintain innovative new experiences for Knock’s internal and customer-facing web applications using ReactJS
- Understand the data that powers our applications, and be able to propose appropriate data models for new features
- Continually learn, grow, and expand your knowledge, while also supporting others’ learning experiences; act as a mentor and be a resource for others inside and outside of your team
- Collaborate with our talented Design, Product, and Engineering teams as well as other parts of the Knock business to deliver great products
- Commit to best practices for testing, logging, and deployments
- Refine and practice a strong sense of design and UX
- Take on ad-hoc projects as they arise & always be willing to support your team where they need you
Qualifications - You’ll Bring:
- Full lifecycle software development experience in React or other frontend development stacks, including development, testing, troubleshooting, and deployment (we use Next.js)
- Full lifecycle software development experience in Node.js or Golang, including coding, testing, troubleshooting, maintaining, alerting, monitoring, and deployment
- Desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success. Comfortable learning new technologies and tools
- Experience with various Node.js or Golang frameworks and modules
- Experience with AWS ecosystems such as Lambda, S3, SNS, SQS, and CloudWatch
- SQL knowledge (Mysql or Postgres), familiarity with techniques to identify slow queries and debugging
- Customer-first mindset and data-driven approach to your work
- Believe in creating diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices and programs that will further Knock’s commitment to making an impact, learning, putting people first, being open, and courageous
- Have proven success working 100% remote in prior positions & are experienced working with a distributed, national team
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Set up and constantly operate a computer
- Communicate and exchange accurate information to others via telephone or internet video applications
The candidate must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Our Compensation Philosophy: As a fully remote (U.S.-based) workforce, our goal is to ensure that all Knockstars are fairly compensated. Please note that the salary range information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act for Colorado applicants. The salary range estimate for this position is: $110,000.00 - $156,000.00 USD.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package & benefits, will be at the company’s sole discretion, and determined by factors including but not limited to years of experience, job level, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. The company also reserves the right to amend or modify this job description, employee perks, and benefits at any time. Employees eligible for bonus and/or commission will be provided details in the offer letter.
Please no recruitment firm or agency inquiries, you will not receive a reply from us.
This position is in the continental United States.
PDF is our preferred format for resumes and any other attachments. Thank you!