Water is arguably the most important resource in the world and yet the industry is notoriously slow at innovating and adopting new technologies that allow them to easily automate endless hours of non-productive admin work from skilled workers. The cost of water is rising as an aging workforce is unable to adapt and multi-million dollar infrastructure decisions are being made without the best data. Our mission is about making water better, and it starts with the professionals at the nexus of all water decisions in a community. Klir will be the operating system for water and we have started on that journey by building the first work enablement platform for water. It’s designed to reduce the burden of administration so the experts can dedicate their precious time to solving a critical problem for our species.
Founded originally in Dublin, Ireland in 2018, Klir is a US Headquartered company with employees in the US, Canada, Brazil and Ireland. Klir is a remote first company and is one of the fastest growing, SaaS companies in the water industry. We are venture backed by some of the highest profile and most reputable funds including Insight Partners, Bowery Capital & Spider Capital.
Location: This position is fully remote.
- Collaborating with developers to solve application faults.
- Planning test schedules and test strategies to meet team delivery objectives
- Creating and maintaining company documentation, such as quality manuals and quality procedures.
- Engaging all team members within Klir in quality improvements and testing.
- Instructing and mentoring team mates as a leader in QA practices, with support and oversight.
- Providing feedback and constructive advice to develop and grow capability within the team.
- Meeting with the software design team to plan test coverage and verification methods.
- Identifying software application weaknesses and target areas.
- Prioritizing and planning bug-fix efforts.
- Planning and delivery of initiatives to automate testing and tools that support QA goals.
- Writing automation scripts and implementing software applications.
- Troubleshooting automation software and finalizing system procedures.
- Effective verbal and written communication in English.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Software QA.
- Broad experience on-boarding and using test automation tools and platforms.
- Expertise in principles and methods for software testing.
- Agile QA and test-driven development (TDD) practices.
- Customer advocacy and customer focus.
- Estimating and prioritizing work.
- Previous experience in creating test strategy and test plans on major projects
- Strong SQL query-writing skills (SQLServer, Oracle )
- Experience in an early-stage start up or proven track record operating in earliest stages of a product.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, with a broad base of knowledge in the areas of technology and communications
- Work in GMT -4 timezone hours
- Proficiency with automation tools like Selenium, Playright and Testproject.io
- Proficiency with test management tools like Azure DevOps or JIRA
- Active Listener
- Builds Relationships
- Scrum Values
- Follows Processes
- Time Management
- Meets Commitments
The ideal candidate:
- You thrive equally in strategy and execution. You are inventive and resourceful and can turn your ideas quickly into implementations. We move fast, but we are smart about it.
- You are entrepreneurial at heart, but methodical in your approach.
- You love to learn about your craft and your own personal development.
- You get a rush when you’re super busy and getting a lot done. You get a super rush when your efforts land a win.
- You would rather just try a new idea than spend days talking about it.
- You believe in collaboration and enjoy adding value and getting value by engaging with every department that touches the customer experience.
- You’re probably your own toughest critic and have an internal drive to succeed and help others do the same. You never want to be the weak link, but the strongest.
- You are passionate about water and ensuring that the developed world has enough safe and secure water needed to sustain our species for generations to come.
Our Commitment To You
- We remunerate you well with competitive salary and benefits for your market. Our thesis is in order to operate at your best you can't be worrying about your quality of life at home.
- We commit that you have an opportunity to use your talents to leave a factual lasting legacy for our species for generations to come.
- By working with a Y Combinator market leading company, we commit that you have an opportunity to challenge yourself to be the best you can be.
- We commit to give you the opportunity to work in a team that understands life is far too important to take seriously. Obviously, we are doing a crucial job but we have fun while doing it.
- We commit to giving you the opportunity to work with a group of people that value honesty and audaciousness, that stand up straight & stick together no matter what and aspire to be the difference between good and great.
- We commit to doing our best to make you successful. The leaders sense of purpose is to help you to be the best version of yourself. We achieve this with fearless feedback, focus on growth and transparency.