At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Klaviyo is growing fast and we have openings for all skill levels across all of our teams. Learn more about our engineering culture at https://klaviyo.tech and listen to our data science team podcast at https://medium.com/klaviyo-data-science
We love programming and the excitement that comes with building something people use. We are the kind of people that love talking to users and can find the balance between solving a problem quickly and thinking about how your code will work in the future. We love to move fast, keep learning and get stuff done.
Klaviyo is creating a new set of features that help our businesses to converse and interact with their customers at scale. You will be central to creating these features and developing the underlying machine learning models and platforms to support them.
How you will make a difference:
- Use advanced machine learning technologies to power products that help businesses using Klaviyo to grow faster.
- Develop models and pipelines for production use, serving over a hundred thousand businesses.
- Enable conversations between businesses using Klaviyo and their customers to create authentic, personalized experiences at scale.
Who You Are:
- Have 3+ years experience implementing machine learning models, data pipelines and testing frameworks for research or production use, especially in conversational AI and NLP applications.
- Have demonstrated a measurable impact based on the models you’ve created. It’s not always easy getting a model correct. You love talking through places where you get stuck and working as a team to surmount obstacles
- Focused on results and delivering value. You’re excited by the latest advances in deep learning, but realize that the biggest hammer is not always the best tool for the job? You want to help customers grow by shipping code early and often, and iterating based on what you learn from their feedback.
- Enjoy working cross-functionally with product teams and incorporate feedback from customers and internal stakeholders into the model development process
- Have an advanced degree in computer science, applied math, statistics or other relevant quantitative discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
Nice to haves:
- Machine learning technologies such as Transformers, BERT, GPT, spaCy, NLTK, Keras, Tensorflow, Pytorch, SKLearn
- Familiarity with tools such as Airflow, MLFlow, Tensorboard
- Experience deploying models to production, including closing the loop by piping production user data back into the model training process
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.