Klaviyo is looking for an experienced Equity Administrator to join its growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operational and administrative management of Klaviyo’s equity compensation programs, including compliance, employee education, internal accounting, processing, reporting and record-keeping. You will work closely with Klaviyo’s compensation, legal, and finance teams and others across the company to ensure all equity transactions are properly processed and appropriate tax and regulatory filings are accurate and timely.
What you'll do:
- Manage the day-to-day administration of global equity compensation programs, including, but not limited to, ensuring Klaviyo’s cap table is current and accurate and processing and supporting grant, vesting, exercise, settlement, termination, and cancellation activity
- Maintain pending grant lists and prepare Board materials on an as-needed basis
- Prepare summary reports and perform forecast modeling scenarios for shares available, participant vesting, etc.
- Educate employees on Klaviyo’s equity program by developing and maintaining communications systems, responding to specific questions, driving regular Q&A sessions, and preparing training materials and leading employee training sessions as needed
- Support efforts to grow and scale the equity administration function through automation, process improvement, and partnership with service providers
- Partner with Klaviyo’s Finance, Legal, and HR teams to ensure accurate budgeting, financial reporting, timely tax withholding and payroll reporting, and compliance with securities and tax laws and regulations and disclosure requirements
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliation of records between equity database and general ledger, HR, payroll, Board approvals, and tax reporting
- Prepare and maintain documentation of equity-related processes for external audits and compliance with internal controls
- Participate in other compliance program development as needed
- Work on special projects as needed, including ad hoc equity and tax research and efforts to develop, implement and improve processes that improve support of business clients
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or similar field
- 3-5 years' experience working in a global equity administration role for a public company
- Comprehensive understanding of accounting standards, taxation, laws and regulations related to equity compensation; general knowledge of global taxation preferred
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) certification preferred
- Experience implementing and transitioning equity administration software (Carta, Shareworks, etc.) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated strong analytical and negotiation skills; ability to successfully perform independent in-depth analysis and present findings
- Strong Excel skills, ability to leverage complex formulas and modeling
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.