Klaviyo is growing rapidly and profitably. Our platform handles billions of events and consists of multiple building blocks that can be combined and reused to deliver outstanding value for customers. Our hypergrowth opens up many interesting opportunities to excel and grow - from scaling to 10X the previous year workload, to being part of internal start-ups that seek to explore markets that our technology can help, to being part of a team that is constantly reinventing themselves to continue to deliver customer value faster even as we continue to grow in size.
The Director of Tax will report to the Corporate Controller and will work with the other members of Finance in scaling the tax function in support of Klaviyo’s broader business initiatives and customers. The ideal candidate will have a breadth of experience in tax and driving process and technology initiatives in a SaaS technology environment and have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment. The candidate should be passionate about building and managing teams, and developing talented individuals. The candidate must also have experience building relationships with internal stakeholders (including leading cross-functional projects), and the ability to automate processes and collaborate with numerous functional teams across the organization. Additionally, the candidate should have working knowledge in tax technical areas (Subchapter C, international tax, M&A) with the ability to apply such knowledge in reporting transactions on the provision and return.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Drive US and international sales tax operations and compliance processes, including managing existing and future sales and use tax registrations, overseeing sales and use tax filings, and performing regular review of use tax compliance
- Manage all federal and state income tax filings, including overseeing the calculation of the provision, developing processes to calculate and reconcile deferred tax assets and liabilities, and ensuring timely filing and payment of all extensions and returns.
- Manage, investigate and resolve any tax authority notifications, domestic and international
- Monitor future tax legislation, research the impact on the Company's financial position, and work with Corporate Controller and external partners to advise on the best position to optimize tax planning
- Lead continuous process improvements and integration of various aspects of the tax function to achieve optimal efficiency, effective controls, and quality
- Plan and execute global tax strategies in compliance with regulations
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on strategic business initiatives
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience in a Public Accounting firm (preferably Big 4)
- 3+ years in house experience at a SaaS technology company
- Experience organizing a large volume of information and identifying automation and digitization opportunities
- Experienced in managing teams and developing talent
- Bachelor's degree
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.