Klaviyo is a technology company that combines customer data and marketing software. We help businesses of every size — from entrepreneurs to iconic brands — deliver amazing experiences across email and other owned channels. Our goal is to help brands connect with their customers, get new ones, and use Customer-First Data™ to create amazing experiences. We work hard to empower brands and speed their path to success.
As the Senior Product Designer on Klaviyo’s new Design Systems team, you’ll lead the build-out of the Klaviyo Design System and guide the launch of its public-facing website. The design system is a new area of focus within our growing Product Design team, so you’ll take charge of the way it all comes together—from building out the team and defining the project roadmap to guiding execution and implementation. This is an ideal role for strong collaborators: You’ll work with a team of dedicated engineers, product designers, brand designers, and cross-functional partners to push Klaviyo’s user experience forward while adhering to the highest standards.
Klaviyo Design Elsewhere:
How you will make a difference:
- Collaborate closely with product designers, engineers, brand designers, writers, and other stakeholders from around the company to set and uphold high standards for design
- Design components, patterns, and guidelines that enable designers and engineers to create consistent and high-quality user experiences
- Document, maintain, and evangelize the benefits of the Klaviyo Design System both internally and externally
- Be the ambassador of the new design system and drive adoption by communicating strategy, plans, and milestones across the organization
- Highlight opportunities to use the system through design critiques, spec reviews, and team meetings
What you will need:
- 5+ years of product design experience with an accompanying portfolio.
- Significant expertise designing and building durable design systems at scale within a large product organization
- The flexibility to be a great collaborator and drive successful outcomes in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent critical thinking and attention to detail when exploring solutions at a systematic level and a component level
- The ability to appropriately communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders in a timely and effective manner
- Experience designing WCAG-compliant, accessible interfaces
- A proven technical understanding of how to build and architect design systems
- Expertise in Figma
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.