Why you should join the Creative Team
At Klaviyo, we’re in the business of supporting and growing some of the best emerging and established ecommerce brands out there, and we’re looking for a full-time Senior Copywriter who is up for the challenge of bringing our voice to life.
Senior Copywriter can mean different things to different people. Here’s what it means at Klaviyo. You’ll be a writer on our Brand team, creating exceptional UX experiences and integrated campaigns, as well as thought leadership content, email communications, and social copy. From short form to long form, web content to print pieces, you’ll be responsible for writing copy that showcases our world-leading marketing platform. This means taking on emerging and ambiguous topics, diving deep into user-based research, and helping to make complex (often verbose) problems succinct and easy to understand.
At Klaviyo, we create products that solve problems for entrepreneurs, business owners, and marketing directors, alike. Our goal is to help brands connect with their customers, acquire new ones, and use Customer-First Data™ to create amazing experiences. We work hard to empower brands and speed their path to success. So if you enjoy tackling challenges head on, love the AP style guide, are passionate about simplifying complex ideas through the lens of CX, but are also inclined to write pithy lines on napkins around your house, then this role is for you.
How You'll Make a Difference
As a Senior Copywriter, you’ll also be responsible for bridging work between multiple teams—ensuring a consistent user experience and cohesive brand voice across varying channels. You’ll work closely with designers, producers, engineers, customer success managers, product managers, and marketing partners (to name more than a few). In partnership with the Creative Directors of Copy and Design, as well as the Copy Principal, you’ll regularly offer insights and feedback on the creative process, scour language for style, clarity, grammar, and punctuation, drive innovative storytelling solutions to ambiguous problems, and develop credibility for Klaviyo with your direct, yet magnetic copy—all while staying mindful of a tight production workflow.
Who You Are
- Tight writer
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Intermediate knowledge of web and email best practices, including A/B testing
- Advanced background in research
- Part-time strategist. (Notice it doesn’t say “strategic thinker.” Of course you’re a strategic thinker, but Klaviyo writers connect all of their content back to strategy. And if for some reason there isn’t a strategy to be found, they’re quick to get the right people in the room to make it happen.)
- Accustomed to working with legal/compliance teams to review content
- Flexible in working style (Sometimes design will drive copy, sometimes copy will drive design,but most of the time you’ll volley back and forth.)
- Adept at taking ambiguous problems, deciphering the ask, and translating the challenge into easy-to-understand content
- Proponent of radical candor and champion of positive team culture
- 5+ years of relevant writing experience in a creative agency or in-house team
- 1+ years of relevant B2B writing/editing experience, preferably in either tech or an analytics-based environment. Content design/product writing is a plus.
- A deep love of the Oxford comma (happy to support those in transition)
This role reports to the Creative Director, Copy.
Please provide a PDF of relevant work samples or web link to a portfolio. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
At Klaviyo we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.